PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift trip!!

Alligirl
12-26-2009, 12:17 PM
So my dear Hubby surprised me big time Christmas morning! Seems he booked a long weekend for the two of us in WDW! We are staying for the first time at AKL ( a studio with Savannah view) and we are going down the last weekend in Jan. As we most often go for the fourth of July can you give me an idea of what to expect?! All I know is that it should be blessedly cooler in Jan/Feb and hopefully way less crowded! Thank you!! :thumbsup:

PS Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong place!

cajundisneyfreak
12-26-2009, 02:03 PM
What a great gift! January is less crowded and cooler.Be prepared for some things to be closed for refurbishment though.I went in January 2007.I wore a jacket with my shorts in the morning and at night.During the day I tied it around my waist.Hope you have a magical trip.:mickey:

RedSoxFan
12-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Great Christmas present. Have a great time.:mickey:

faline
12-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Great gift! Late January is a terrific time to visit though weather can be quite variable and you can experience anything from swimming weather to the need for coats and gloves.

Crowds are generally low at this time of year.

We stayed at Aninmal Kingdom Lodge earlier this month and were a bit disappointed with the savannah on which we were placed. I would have preferred a different savannah. We saw very few animals on our savannah!

wildernesslady
12-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Definitely cooler than July. We usually pack those $1.00 stretch gloves. That way if you lose them, it's no big deal. You will probably want to dress in layers. It should be pretty peaceful then. What a great gift.