PDA

View Full Version : Week 16 The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Greenlawler
12-25-2009, 11:49 PM
No offense Gueli but I think I had to start this week.....

The Titans

The Good: Perhaps we can now loose to Seattle and move up a couple of draft spots.

The Bad: Classic case of a good team self imploding. Penalties, turnovers, personal fouls. What the heck? When the boys got down 28-10 it was over.

The Ugly: Jeff Fisher, holy cow how bad did he look?

Oh well better luck next year. Somebody just beat the freakin Colts!

gueli
12-26-2009, 10:36 AM
No offense Gueli but I think I had to start this week.....
Oh well better luck next year. Somebody just beat the freakin Colts!

#1- I take no offense at someone else starting, ending, or commenting.:thumbsup:

#2- Go Jets, lets hope they somehow fill your 'christmas' wish :cool:

#3- DD has been sick this whole last week, so I have barely had time to do anything, including getting ready for christmas. At least her fever has finally broke.

and to finish- SD is on a tear, I think it will be interesting to see who can slow down the monster that they have become...

Go Jets- I will comment on them later (after they play)
But in Jest (or is that Jets) here is what I predict I will say.

The Good: The d-played tough even though they got beat more than once. Payton is such a great QB...
The Bad: When will the offense score some points ? How about we try not leading in the Interception catagory (hey this is 2 years in a row)
The Ugly- Did you hear what rex said this week.
No really.:D
so there is my prediction for sunday (colts wallop Jets 21-3)
Enjoy
Go Jets :number1:
:beer:

Ian
12-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Eagles ...

The Good: A very, very important win in a tough spot against a tough opponent. Puts all the pressure on the Cowboys which is exactly where I want it. Also in the good category are a brutal loss by the Saints to the Bucs (of all teams!) and the Giants getting destroyed at home by Carolina (who, sadly, has waited too late to start playing some excellent football). But anyway, the NFC is wide open this year, boys and girls!

The Bad: The entire second half. Our offense went to sleep, our defense went to sleep, and we committed some stupid turnovers that allowed the Broncos to get right back in the game. We were very lucky to win.

The Ugly: For a record third straight week my ugly vote goes to the refs. They were just brutal in this game. It started off with a highly questionable call that negated an early Eagles touchdown and it went downhill from there. I'll admit that there were some bad calls against the Broncos, too, but the Eagles really seemed once again to bear the brunt of it. There was a really bad "personal foul" call that cost the Eagles a whopping 49yards of field position, but the capper most definitely was this ludicrous "no catch" call near the end of the game when Jeremy Maclin was clearly in bounds. The ref was almost gleeful as he ran up waving his arms like a nut that it was no catch. There were about 65,002 other people who immediately knew he was wrong. Thankfully they got it right on replay, but a hearty chorus of "boos" for this officiating crew. They ruined the pace of the game, took forever to get simple calls right, and in general did their best to prevent either team from getting into any kind of rythym. You know how bad they were, because the game was like 3 and a half hours long!

Also on my ugly list ... Phil Simms. I know he was a Giant, but his anti-Eagles bias is really irritating. :ack:

Hammer
12-27-2009, 08:36 PM
The Good: The Bucs won! It was a fun game to watch (I'm still at my parents' home in Clearwater, FL). Some of you can be as nasty and condescending as you want, but the Bucs did not quit. Even when they were down 17-0, they keep putting in 100% effort. Yes, this team is only 3-12, but there are some good aspects to this team, especially on special teams.

The Bad: they are still a really young team which I think need to have more veteran coaching leadership. I really miss Monte Kiffin!

Can't think of anything that was really ugly this week...

Gueli, nice game (we got the Jets and Colts for the 4:00 game) J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!

gueli
12-28-2009, 01:12 AM
To start- Thanks Hammer.

The Good: Sanchez's only pick was thrown on a play with a penality. So no Pick. Sanchez throws decently, without reckless mistakes. Running game- Jones 105, but also greene for 90 some odd.

The Bad: OK OK so the colts rested their starters. They played into the 2nd half when the colts were up 15 to 10. I do not doubt that we would not have won it if payton continued to play- but a win is a win.

The Ugly: somehow our playoff hopes are still alive. Oh yeah, Pagan what happened to the Phins ? I thought they were playing a not so good team (or is that only when the jets whoop hustons tail ?)...Any way can you believe what our coach said ?:D

Last but not least-
Please understand I do hope the jets make the playoffs. I do not believe they will go anywhere but it would be nice to play one extra game (more would be better). But Lets face it- Unless Cincy rests many of its starters- our chances are slim. To win would require a near perfect performance from sanchez, a solid running game and our D would have to stand tall, especially when it counted.
Is there hope in Jetland- yes. Are we still on a wing and a prayer- Jets, I mean yes.

Go JETS
J
E
T
S
jets jets jets :number1:

Ian
12-28-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm pretty sure the Jets control their own destiny now, don't they? I think they're in a "win and in" situation, which should make for a very interesting week 17 matchup against the Bengals (that game has been moved to the Sunday night game, in case anyone missed it).

Thing is ... the Jets might be in the same situation next week, because I'm not sure the Bengals have anything to play for. They're already in.

Pagan
12-28-2009, 10:18 AM
The Good: Penguins are tied for first in the East! :razz:

The Bad: A young team with some growing pains. Let's see what Tuna does this offseason.

The Ugly: Jet fans, send your thank you cards to:

Indianapolis Colts
29-15 Roll Over And Die Lane
Hereyagojets, IND.

I'm sure you can send thank you cards to the Bengals next week at a similar address. ;)

It's okay gueli, I'd rather the Phins not make the playoffs and realize there's more work to be done before they're at that status than get handed a gift invitation to the dance from two teams with nothing to play for, get cocky like you KNOW Ryan will, and get our butts handed to us by San Diego, Cincy or Indy when they actually PLAY the game. :razz:

gueli
12-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the Jets control their own destiny now, don't they?...Thing is ... the Jets might be in the same situation next week, because I'm not sure the Bengals have anything to play for. They're already in.

The question is who plays sunday. I know the Jets will still have to play well to win. Bengals have played their own divison well, but have stumbled out of the division.

The Ugly: Jet fans... It's okay gueli, I'd rather the Phins not make the playoffs and realize there's more work to be done before they're at that status than get handed a gift invitation to the dance from two teams with nothing to play for, get cocky like you KNOW Ryan will, and get our butts handed to us by San Diego, Cincy or Indy when they actually PLAY the game. :razz:

um you have some things wrong-
1st off if I see it correctly they will be beat in week 1 by the pats (provided the jets make it)

no one is handed a gift invitation. All the fish had to do was to win their last three games.
now again, the jets played the colts and WON. :razz:
They still played them tough. the colts did not just hand the game to the jets at the start of the 2nd half. Their special teams scored and the jets were in front of the 'Entire' colts team (right up until the colts retook the lead 8 minutes later). The colts D did not play freeny for the entire game, but I did see him making plays late in the game. So the Jet Offense worked and scored against the colt D. Most of those players were the "1st team". And lets not forget Jones ran the ball, as did greene for 200 or so yards- much like the fish did against the colts. Would we have won the game with payton in there? Maybe- maybe not. But we still WON.
If we beat the bengals, do I have to appologize for the Jets winning an important game?
Your team lost, heck got their buts handed to them in a game they had to WIN- in order to stay alive. They did not get it done, did they ?
Houston- which you derided when the jets played them, and wholloped them, soundly ripped the dolphins- before the fish made an attempt at comming back late, an attempt that FAILED.

and as for ryan- he has not changed the entire season. you say he will get cocky ? Wrong again- he has been consistantly cocky throught the entire season ! :rolleyes:
None the less, the important thing from this game is that Sanchez did not make his usual mistakes.
Oh yeah, the Jets started a RAW rookie QB the entire season, something that should have made them NEVER make the playoffs. So if they do, Good for them. You seem to forget that in order to be in the drivers seat, like we are, we had to win some games throughout the season. But everyone who played against us got to play against a rookie. So nothing was handed to us.
Wasn't it you :rocker: pagan who said "we will see how the jets do against the colts" .
well now we have, and we have one more W.
:jaw:

Hammer
12-28-2009, 10:50 AM
The Jets do control their own destiny. Beat Cincy and you get a wild card berth. The Bengals will probably rest their starters as I think the best they can get is the 3rd seed (I think they are currently the 4th seed) and I think they need the Patriots to lose to move up.

Hammer
12-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Well said, gueli.

gueli
12-28-2009, 10:55 AM
The Jets do control their own destiny. Beat Cincy and you get a wild card berth. The Bengals will probably rest their starters as I think the best they can get is the 3rd seed (I think they are currently the 4th seed) and I think they need the Patriots to lose to move up.

I believe you are correct on all fronts.

But remember a football team does not have enough people on the roster to 'rest' all their starters. Mostly its the skill position guys or a player who is a little more banged up than most who get the rest.

Still, I like being this close, when I did not expect us to be here...

Pagan
12-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Oh PLEASE geuli! You played against a guy named PAINTER who fumbled one touchdown to you and threw the ball into double coverage every other time!

Freeney only came in on 3rd and long situations!

You beat the Indianapolis High Junior Varsity for Pete's sake! LOL!

You can rail on the Phins all you want...at least I'm not homer enough to think they're GOOD. :razz:

You can say all you want about the Jets scoring on the Colts defense. It's not the Colts defense that wins them games, it's Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and that monster o-line...ALL of which sat out the second half.

Like I said, don't worry...the Bengals will lie down for you too, then your team can get all full of themselves like they do EVERY year, and then suffer the inevitable embarrassing loss that ends their season.

Only this time it'll be in the playoffs. :razz:

PS - Just FYI, the Phins started a raw QB all year too. And he beat you.....twice. ;)

indytraveler
12-28-2009, 11:42 AM
The Colts:

14-1 :sick:, er... 14-2 (eventually)

The Good: 1st half of game. Offense scored some points moved the ball decently. Defense shut down the run and made the Jets look ordinary.

The Bad: 2nd half kickoff!! What was a 9-3 game quickly turned into 10-9. Vinaterri having an extra point BLOCKED! Too many missed opportunities on offense to break game open.

The Ugly: Defense getting shredded in 2nd half. Offense (if you can call it that) was totally inept. Having an entire stadium turn on a front office after winning 23 straight and 14 this year.

Congrats to the Jets for smelling blood and pouncing on their playoff chances and actually playing to win.

Hopefully, the Colts can rebound in 3 weeks when they play next. All those missed opportunities where Peyton and his receivers weren't quite connecting. You'll have all this down time to work on it. Don't mind game speed because that is over rated. Remember the opening couple of weeks of the season? Jags and Dolphins, well you won those games with less than stellar play because nobody played in the PRESEASON! Thanks for a great season 14-3 looks pretty good.

OK I'll get off my :soapbox: and drink my Kool-Aid. The Colts needed to rest the guys who were nursing injuries because the playoffs are more important than history. It's the Super Bowl or nothing. You don't get banners for 18-1 right New England? Better to lose now than in the Playoffs.

Anyone buying this? I didn't think so.

Greenlawler
12-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Indytraveler: No offense to you but I am so happy, you guys rolled over like that. I would have been sick if the Colts had gone undefeated. Now I believe your prophecy of 14-3 may come true. Never take the foot off the gas!!!! The Titans did the same thing last year.

Gueli: :party::party::party: J,E,T,S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!! I know it is sad that I now have to live vicariously through someone else's team.

Pagan: :ack: What the heck? Come on the Phins really let me down this week. Oh well better luick next year. The Texans are quickly becoming one of my least favorite teams.

Hammer: What's an NFC, and who are these Eagles you speak of?

gueli
12-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh PLEASE geuli! You played against a guy named PAINTER who fumbled one touchdown to you and threw the ball into double coverage every other time!

Oh thank goodness it wasn't payton manning playing the entire first half. Whew, It must have been drew manning playing that first half. you know the one where they scored 9 points.
So we played a guy named panter starting with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Painter got hit by a blitz, and fumbled. Thank goodness it had nothing to do with the D.

Freeney only came in on 3rd and long situations!

Oh so he still played huh. guess they didn't rest all their starters, like the O line ? you know the one that gave up the sack on the other QB.

You beat the Indianapolis High Junior Varsity for Pete's sake! LOL!

That is funny. Because the NFL thinks that somehow the JETS got a win against the NFL colts. We played their starters and we were in a close game. Then we won it.
Its not like the colts left only rookies on their team to play the jets. they do not have the manpower for that. Like it or not, the jets beat the colts, the fish lost to the colts. Oh well.

You can rail on the Phins all you want...at least I'm not homer enough to think they're GOOD. :razz:
As you so gleefully tout how the jets are so bad, that their schedule was so easy, that they played a bad houston team... I have never claimed the jets were great, I consider them a decent football team. Its interesting to hear that once again you have so little faith in them.

You can say all you want about the Jets scoring on the Colts defense. It's not the Colts defense that wins them games, it's Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and that monster o-line...ALL of which sat out the second half.
Um really, the colts carry five extra offensive linemen on their 53 man roster ? The O line was still there, their skill players were not.

Like I said, don't worry...the Bengals will lie down for you too, then your team can get all full of themselves like they do EVERY year, and then suffer the inevitable embarrassing loss that ends their season.
Only this time it'll be in the playoffs.
PS - Just FYI, the Phins started a raw QB all year too. And he beat you.....twice. ;)

Wrong again. Chad started the season played 2 full games, was lost in game 3 , 3rd quarter. Chad played the rest of the season, although admittadly the fish were still running the wildcat & had the best rushing offense at that time. Did you beat the woefully pathetic jets - you know the ones with the 'cake' schedule- twice. Yup.
as far as the embarrising loss that ends their season- for the dolphins is that the game they just played ?
or is it any of the other 7 losses that stand out ?
Which is the win that stands out as the great game of the year to you ? was it against the loser jets ? oh right without them playing you you would have only won 5 games. thank goodness you blew them out on each of your 2 victories over them. oh wait that isn't right is it ? I thought you were the one who said a win is a win.
Luckily your team has had as manny embarrising losses in the playoffs, since, what is it 1973 ? I do not recall them winning the big game since then.

and to boot, the jets will play hard, as they have done in each of their losses and each of their wins. Embarrising- what team have you been watching, the jets have played tough. We are not expected to win this season. we arent expected to go to the playoffs. But if we do make it, for a rookie coach & QB that would be something wouldn't it ?
and if we do get blown out in a playoff game- at least we had a better record than your team.

And right now- I would like to thank the bengals of cincinatti for sending out their high school football team to play us. Pagan thinks so very highly of you.
1 win and we have made it. one loss and we are 8 & 8. Either way, I will still be proud of a JETS team that has tried so hard for this entire season. We may not be the best, but we will try our hardest, each and every play, each and every game.
Go JETS
JETS...JETS...JETS
:number1:

Ian
12-29-2009, 09:17 AM
I just wanted to say a quick thank you to the Vikings for getting beat again last night and enabling the Eagles to still possibly end up as the 2 seed in the NFC.

Thanks, Brett!

Missy_Mouses_Dad
12-29-2009, 09:40 AM
As a diehard, green and gold bleeding Packer fan, I never thought I would cheer for the Bears. Until last night, that is.

gueli
12-29-2009, 11:00 AM
I do have a question-
is favre falling apart or is it the rest of the vikings team or is it play calling ?

once again - i see favre loosing late in the season...
and while I do not think of it as 1 thing, I see it as a combo of all the things that the vikes do.

Pagan
12-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh thank goodness it wasn't payton manning playing the entire first half. Whew, It must have been drew manning playing that first half. you know the one where they scored 9 points.
No it was Peyton, the same guy who drove down the field against you in two minutes to retake the lead after you ran back the kickoff for a touchdown.

So we played a guy named panter starting with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Painter got hit by a blitz, and fumbled. Thank goodness it had nothing to do with the D.
C'mon guels...take off the green glasses. That fumble would not have happened with Peyton back there. The ball would have been LONG gone by then. You know football better than that. Peyton is three steps back and the ball is gone. Painter held on to it like it was a newborn infant.

Oh so he still played huh. guess they didn't rest all their starters, like the O line ? you know the one that gave up the sack on the other QB.
Again, you know football better than that. Watch the replay and count how long it took for that sack to happen. I don't care how good your o-line is, you can't keep them away forever.

That is funny. Because the NFL thinks that somehow the JETS got a win against the NFL colts. We played their starters and we were in a close game. Then we won it.
That's funny...cause both the NY Post AND the NY Daily news were saying how "a win is a win" and calling the team the "Dolts" for benching their starters. ;)

Its not like the colts left only rookies on their team to play the jets. they do not have the manpower for that. Like it or not, the jets beat the colts, the fish lost to the colts. Oh well.
Way to spin that one, pinwheel boy! LOL

Um really, the colts carry five extra offensive linemen on their 53 man roster ? The O line was still there, their skill players were not.
Okay so I'm wrong about the 0-line. But lets see...a fumble on a play that wouldn't have happened with Manning there, then a team with Curtis Painter throwing to Austin Collie and Hank Baskett trying to bring the Colts back. Wow man you're right! That's SO much harder than the Dolphins losing by four points to a Colts team that came back to retake the lead with Manning throwing to Wayne and Clark, and then almost winning on a Henne comback! Geez...how could I be so blind as to not see they were EXACTLY the same team!!!

<end sarcasm> :razz:

Wrong again. Chad started the season played 2 full games, was lost in game 3 , 3rd quarter. Chad played the rest of the season, although admittadly the fish were still running the wildcat & had the best rushing offense at that time.
Um...Phins were 0-3 in games Penny started. Which means Henne is 7-5 as a starter. I'll take that for a rookie. And when Brown went down with injury, he shouldered more of the burden, as opposed to your QB who does his best to give the OTHER team a chance to win.

Did you beat the woefully pathetic jets - you know the ones with the 'cake' schedule- twice. Yup.
We sure did, didn't we. :D

as far as the embarrising loss that ends their season- for the dolphins is that the game they just played ?
You forget, I never said the Dolphins were playoff material. We never had a coach bragging about his team only to waddle off the field in defeat time after time. We never belittled teams that beat us like you guys did.

Bit of a difference. ;)

Which is the win that stands out as the great game of the year to you ? was it against the loser jets ?
No, I'll take the wins against NE and Jacksonville instead. But again, you keep laboring under the delusion that I said Miami was a good team this year. I didn't. You keep thinking the Jets are playoff material.

oh right without them playing you you would have only won 5 games. thank goodness you blew them out on each of your 2 victories over them. oh wait that isn't right is it ? I thought you were the one who said a win is a win.
You're right, a win is a win. Whether it comes against your team playing all out or against a team the rolls over for you.

Luckily your team has had as manny embarrising losses in the playoffs, since, what is it 1973 ? I do not recall them winning the big game since then.
No, but they've been there twice more...and have made the playoffs ten more years than the Jets have. BY the way, not smart to talk about the Dolphins super bowl appearances when the last time your guys were there was when "Sugar Sugar" by the Archies was the #1 song in America, and your quarterback was doing commercials wearing pantyhose. :razz:

and to boot, the jets will play hard, as they have done in each of their losses and each of their wins. Embarrising- what team have you been watching, the jets have played tough.
You don't call that loss to the Falcons embarrassing? I call our loss to them that. Just goes to show..."we played hard". The New York Jets...champions of the "consolation prize". :razz:

We are not expected to win this season. we arent expected to go to the playoffs.
You weren't? Someone needs to tell your coach that, cause he was running his mouth about it all year.

But if we do make it, for a rookie coach & QB that would be something wouldn't it ?
Yea, 9-7 and squeaking in to the playoofs DESPITE your rookie QB is something. C'mon man, name me ONE game that Sanchez shouldered the win. Please...you won on your running game and your defense. Sanchez LOST more games for you than he won.

and if we do get blown out in a playoff game- at least we had a better record than your team.
Once again, read my "consolation prize" comment.

And right now- I would like to thank the bengals of cincinatti for sending out their high school football team to play us. Pagan thinks so very highly of you.
From the Jet's own website:

The Bengals (10-5), who have wrapped up the AFC North Division, can go all-out to beat the Jets and try to move up to the No. 3 seed and possibly face either the Steelers (8-7) and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger or the Ravens (8-7) and linebacker Ray Lewis in the wild-card round of the playoffs, among other would-be opponents.

Cincinnati swept both teams this season and it’s extremely difficult to beat a team three times. Five teams at 8-7 and two at 7-8 are vying for the two wild-card spots.

Or, the Bengals can lay down and let the Jets (8-7) win on Sunday and then face them and rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez in a rematch the following week at home.
What do YOU think they're gunna do?

1 win and we have made it. one loss and we are 8 & 8. Either way, I will still be proud of a JETS team that has tried so hard for this entire season. We may not be the best, but we will try our hardest, each and every play, each and every game.
Go JETS
JETS...JETS...JETS
:number1:
LOL...and you should be, as any fan of any team should be!

It's been a great year of sparring, hasn't it? :number1:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
12-29-2009, 11:45 AM
The Sports Radio stations in my area have been reporting that Favre is audibling away from the run quite a bit. It's an ego thing with him, as it was in Green Bay. Why anybody would not want to turn around and give the ball to Peterson 20-25 times a game is beyond me.

Favre has consistently declined in December. They showed some stats last night that he is now 0-43 when down by 17 points. His cold weather record has gone in the tank the last 5-7years also.

I was a diehard Favre fan through the 90's, but got sick of his antics. The Giants game at Lambeau in the NFC title game was the final straw. He didn't want to be there and didn't play very well. I have deleted the ending of the game from my memory banks.

I think his going to Minnesota was to spite the Packers. Two more Norse Division teams left and he can retire..a beat up old man who should have retired in style.

It's a shame, and I pray Peyton Manning doesn't follow Favre's example.

gueli
12-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Pagan,
It has been a great year , so far.
please check my early super bowl poll.

OK, so again your spinning is worse than a pinwheel.

We won.
If we play cincy or anyone else in the playoffs, than we will probably lose.
I do not think that the Jets are a great team, nor have I said that they were a playoff team.
As for our coach, anyone who is in this game does not set their goals on being a bad team. You aim high, anyone who doesn't isnt likely to win.

As for our QB, the 1st 3 games he was good. then came the rest of the season. I never called him the comming of peyton manning.
Oh yeah, the colts took the lead after a manning 4 minute + drive, not in the 3 seconds he scored at will against the fish.
Sanchez has been a key factor in losing, by throwing ints.
Against the colts, though he showed some poise. He will learn he does not have to win the game himself.
oh and as far as the "nice spin on that"- I was just stating facts. Not spin. the spin would be about who was playing when they won. Fact: Miami lost to the colts after controlling the clock and limiting Payton to minimal time on the field. Fact Jets beat colts. Colts Coach Limits Mannings time on the field.

Everyone knows the loser Jets have not been to the show in 40 years. My point is that you have been embarassed by not winning it in the same timew frame, as you are the most winning team in the NFL. Except for superbowls, huh ?
I would expect more from the fish & i would expect more from the Jets if they had such stellar numbers in win percentage...
Now thats spin.:thedolls:

Good luck with Hockey
:rocker:
Rock on Pagan

indytraveler
12-29-2009, 01:32 PM
It's a shame, and I pray Peyton Manning doesn't follow Favre's example.

That is one thing that Manning didn't do on Sunday was pull a Favre and cry to his coach. Maybe that will get him his 4th trophy (MVP)

indytraveler
12-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Indytraveler: No offense to you but I am so happy, you guys rolled over like that. I would have been sick if the Colts had gone undefeated. Now I believe your prophecy of 14-3 may come true. Never take the foot off the gas!!!! The Titans did the same thing last year.

Sorry I couldn't figure out the multi quote thing...

The Colts have let off the gas evrytime they clinched early. And each time they folded in the playoffs. That is why most people are mad here in Indy. The other half want their $ back because they tanked the 4th Q. I agree with you keep your foot on the gas. Your rest comes during the 1st round BYE WEEK which you earned!

Missy_Mouses_Dad
12-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Aaron Rodgers followed suit with Manning. The coach pulled him and ARod put on his hat and cheered on his teammates.

I don't think Favre has ever understood the makeup of a leader. It's not the numbers you put up, but how you get there. I had a coach in school who lived by the creed, "Statistics are for losers." I never thought I would see the day when Favre got booed at Lambeau.

It was ironic that Favre, Rodgers, and Bart Starr were in the stadium on the same day. Favre didn't belong there in Viking purple, and the fans let him know.

Nascfan
12-29-2009, 01:50 PM
I agree with you keep your foot on the gas. Your rest comes during the 1st round BYE WEEK which you earned!

Exactly. I have tons of respect for Peyton and his demeanor. You could just tell he was seething on the sidelines but never let it out publicly. I have absolutely no respect for the coach of Indy (or whoever is making those types of decisions to pull the starters).
Momentum. Such a huge part of the game. And so tough to get back once you lose it.

Pagan
12-29-2009, 01:53 PM
As for our coach, anyone who is in this game does not set their goals on being a bad team. You aim high, anyone who doesn't isnt likely to win.
Every coach in the league aims high bro....the other 31 coaches just keep their bloated mouths shut about it. They don't guarantee that they'll "Be shaking Obama's hand" before ever playing a game. :razz:

As for our QB, the 1st 3 games he was good. then came the rest of the season. I never called him the comming of peyton manning.
No, but the NY media did. He's "The Sanchize" remember? The NY media has a LONG history of annointing EVERY Jet quarterback as the next "Franchise". Richard Todd anyone? Ken O'Brien?

Oh yeah, the colts took the lead after a manning 4 minute + drive, not in the 3 seconds he scored at will against the fish.
And the Phins scored 23 on the Colts, not like the Jets 15 offensive points.

Everyone knows the loser Jets have not been to the show in 40 years. My point is that you have been embarassed by not winning it in the same timew frame, as you are the most winning team in the NFL. Except for superbowls, huh ?
I would expect more from the fish & i would expect more from the Jets if they had such stellar numbers in win percentage...
Now thats spin.:thedolls:
LOL

Good luck with Hockey
:rocker:
Rock on Pagan
Thank you sir! :D

gueli
12-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Every coach in the league aims high bro....the other 31 coaches just keep their bloated mouths shut about it. They don't guarantee that they'll "Be shaking Obama's hand" before ever playing a game. :razz:

Ah shades of buddy ryan. He is the way he is. He tells it the way he sees it. after so many years of mangenious it is nice to have somebody say what they mean and to be upfront and honest about their beliefs and how they feel.
All you seem to be saying is he says what every coach tells his team. He says what some wont for fear that their opponents will take it as motivation. He tells the truth to his players and to the media- as he percieves it. Heck the rest of the league is lucky to get a "i think we will try our hardest this year". Its different, refreshing and bold.

No, but the NY media did. He's "The Sanchize" remember? The NY media has a LONG history of annointing EVERY Jet quarterback as the next "Franchise". Richard Todd anyone? Ken O'Brien?

How come you annoint me as the same thoughts as the NY media ?
also richard todd was a fun QB, who played well for us (i seem to remember he had quite the arm- also gave a very memorable game or 2 against the fish).
As for Kenny O- concussion anyone ? Nice to speak about players who were battered out of the game.
as for Sanchize- lets see with the money they paid him he had better be our QB for the next 5 years or so. Hopefully he will develop into a good one. Talk to me about that in 3 years.

And the Phins scored 23 on the Colts, not like the Jets 15 offensive points.

Ah but what was the final score- 29 to 15 and not in favor of the colts.
You are again trying to spin it

Fact: The Jets got a W this week.
the dolphins got a L
now for some spin:
The fish lost to a team that you derided as not being good. heck one could say that they got creamed by them. Oh well. Thats just one common opponent that we faced that your team lost to and mine WON.
now of course you will bring up one other fact : The Jets could not beat the fish this year. But that fact will only be a footnote for next year if we make the playoffs...
JETS :number1:

Thank you sir! :D

You are quite welcome.:thumbsup:

Pagan
12-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Ah shades of buddy ryan.
Yup. Buddy was fat, ran his mouth, and never won anything as a head coach either. The apple didn't fall very far at all. :razz:

He is the way he is. He tells it the way he sees it. after so many years of mangenious it is nice to have somebody say what they mean and to be upfront and honest about their beliefs and how they feel.
All you seem to be saying is he says what every coach tells his team. He says what some wont for fear that their opponents will take it as motivation. He tells the truth to his players and to the media- as he percieves it. Heck the rest of the league is lucky to get a "i think we will try our hardest this year". Its different, refreshing and bold.
You're missing the point. Most coaches tell this to their team, but have the intelligence to keep their mouths shut to the press, so they don't inevitably look like morons when their predictions don't happen.

Believe me, I went through it with Jimmy Johnson in Miami. He ran his mouth and I cringed every time he did. Jet fans seem to embrace a coach that yells brash predictions and preaches discipline, when he doesn't even possess enough discipline to push himself away from the buffet table. ;)

How come you annoint me as the same thoughts as the NY media ?
I didn't. You said you never said that, I was just telling you that the media did.

also richard todd was a fun QB, who played well for us (i seem to remember he had quite the arm- also gave a very memorable game or 2 against the fish).
He did, but being a "fun" quarterback doesn't make someone the next Montana.

As for Kenny O- concussion anyone ? Nice to speak about players who were battered out of the game.
Oh come on man, you're reaching here. Aikman had so many concussions he has to wear a drool cup. He, however, was a winner.

as for Sanchize- lets see with the money they paid him he had better be our QB for the next 5 years or so. Hopefully he will develop into a good one. Talk to me about that in 3 years.
Oh don't worry....if he crashes and burns you KNOW I'll be here to remind you. :razz:

Ah but what was the final score- 29 to 15 and not in favor of the colts.
You are again trying to spin it
Again...first string hall of fame QB against THIRD string. Ooooh...

Fact: The Jets got a W this week.
the dolphins got a L
now for some spin:
The fish lost to a team that you derided as not being good. heck one could say that they got creamed by them. Oh well. Thats just one common opponent that we faced that your team lost to and mine WON.
Only in Jetland is 27-20 considered "creamed". How was that Jacksonville game bro? ;)

now of course you will bring up one other fact : The Jets could not beat the fish this year. But that fact will only be a footnote for next year if we make the playoffs...
JETS :number1:
You mean like it was ALL those years that the Jets would beat Miami, then be golfing while the Dolphins were in the playoffs? That's what I used to hear from Jet fans all the time..."but we beat you!"

Touché.

You are quite welcome.:thumbsup:
:D

gueli
12-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Yup. Buddy was fat, ran his mouth, and never won anything as a head coach either. The apple didn't fall very far at all. :razz:

Wow after less than a year you sure can predict how well his coaching tenure is going to be. Lets see he came in being touted as a defensive guru and how have the JETs responded ?
Oh right #1 d, least points let up, #1 rated passing D (even against 3 quarters of peyton & a game of brees), #9 in rushing d
Now for the shot across the fish's bow- How well did their D do this year ? #19 in overall d, #23 passing D, # 12 in rushing d.
Oh right but according to you "they are not a good team". Their defensive stats show it.
Oh how did their vaunted run do ?
#4 in the league, not bad
Too bad the jets have the #1 rushing O. Silly isnt it?

and in full disclosure- jets rank #30 passing, the fish at # 20.

You're missing the point. Most coaches tell this to their team, but have the intelligence to keep their mouths shut to the press, so they don't inevitably look like morons when their predictions don't happen... Jet fans seem to embrace a coach that yells brash predictions and preaches discipline, when he doesn't even possess enough discipline to push himself away from the buffet table. ;)

Oh no, I keep changing the point. not missing it.
You, who live near NYC, know what we went through under mangini. No one speaks to the press. There will be full radio silence at all times. Heck, we even have to violate league policy by NOT disclosing injuries (and dont think bret was the only one, just the one where they got caught). Its like being let out of solitary.
So yeah. He does tell the press what he thinks. As for predictions- He does not YELL them. He may make them (before the season started, heck before he even said that they Jets were not going to lie die and die every time we play the pats- aka the kissing rings comment).

Oh as a comment, all the fat jokes are getting old. Kinda rude even. from the "waddles on the field" to the "cant push away from the buffet table" really take away from your commentary.
Not all people are thin, I be one of them, but also your personal attacks on his weight have what to do with how he coaches or how it relates to a locker room discussion ? :confused:
You want to attack him or comment about his coaching decisions- some of bad ones which I can rack up to being a rookie head coach- then go right ahead. But leave the fat jokes to real comidians. Please.

I didn't. You said you never said that, I was just telling you that the media did.

but when I make a point, one of your counter arguments is based on the media. A perfect example of this is 2 weeks ago when we started talking about playoff chances. When we lost to jacksonville, I said that our playoffchances were pretty much DOA. Next thing I know you are baiting me with how I really believe that the jets have some hope at the playoffs. Even when I say I don't believe they will make it, again the post writer is thrown at me.
and just to make things perfectly clear on this point- while this week has been fun, poking you about the jets possibly being in the playoffs- THEY ARE NOT IN IT, yet. They still have to go and win a game on sunday night, and see my earlier comments in this thread about what I think it will take from them. There is a good chance that the Jets will Lose this one, especially if they are like the 'same old jets' - but if they win, they will have gone much farther than the bottom of the AFC east, which if you might recall is where you and I predicted our teams fate would be. Would making the playoffs make me happy ? Yes it would. Do I expect them to get far- Nah. But it would be nice.

Again...first string hall of fame QB against THIRD string. Ooooh...
Huh ? did you edit this comment ?
just for record keeping- when I said the Jets still won 29-15- you are now saying what exactly?
Payton Manning (who is destoned to be a hall of fame QB) beat on a third string jet team and lost ? I do not understand.????

Only in Jetland is 27-20 considered "creamed". How was that Jacksonville game bro? ;)
Oh the creamed part was not the end numbers of the game, but how the fish fell behind 20 to 0. And I thought you won the jacksonville game, bro. again you confuse me :secret:

You mean like it was ALL those years that the Jets would beat Miami, then be golfing while the Dolphins were in the playoffs? That's what I used to hear from Jet fans all the time..."but we beat you!"

As I said earlier- a week or 2 ago even- every fan looks to the bright spot of their season- while mine might be clinging to the Jet D #'s yours would be about beating A Jet team with a "cake schedule" (the quotes come from you).
More often than not I like to use your own words against you.

If we make the playoffs- WooHoo
If we dont- Well I never felt a Rookie QB & a Rookie head coach could even be at the brink of the playoffs
Go Jets
J
E
T
S
JETS JETS JETS:number1: