PDA

View Full Version : Main Bldg Club GF vs. Sugar Loaf...Why the HUGE cost difference?

mouseketeer mom
12-23-2009, 06:30 PM
I don't get it at all. Can someone explain?

SBETigg
12-23-2009, 09:29 PM
I've wondered that, too. I know that Sugar Loaf used to be a scaled down service, with fewer snacks and no alcoholic beverages. But I believe they've changed that and now offer about the same at both. So not sure about the cost difference except that the concierge room in the main building has plenty of seating and is much grander, where space is limited at the Sugar Loaf building. And staying in the main building might be more of special thing for some people? Not exactly sure, having never stayed club level at the GF in Sugar Loaf or in the main building.

jonahbear2006
12-24-2009, 10:09 AM
i didnt know this. what is the price difference?

mouseketeer mom
12-24-2009, 10:23 AM
i didnt know this. what is the price difference?

Huge. About $2,000!

TammiMcMan
12-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Ambiance and location. I've stayed in both and while Sugar Loaf is no longer considered "limited" club level, there are still differences.

Location ~ Sugar Loaf is an outer lodge building, so you do need to walk outside for the monorail or visiting any part of the main building. Royal Palm Club is in the main building, so you are an elevator ride away from the monorail, dining and the bus stop.

Ambiance ~ Sugar Loaf's lounge and staffing are all located on the lobby level. It's on the small side and there are no views. Royal Palm is spread over 3 floors, with a spacious lounge, 2 large private balconies and in the evenings, the GF Orchestra plays on the balcony below the lounge.

For some, the price difference may not be worth it, especially as you don't really get anything concrete for the extra money. The "feel" between the two buildings is very different though. I'm 99.9% certain that if you are staying in the main building, you can also access Sugar Loaf. Convenient if you are down by the courtyard pool and want a quick, cool drink. However, if you are staying in Sugar Loaf, you do not have access to the main buildings club level.

mouseketeer mom
12-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks again Tammi. With those answers, I know Sugar Loaf would be more for us. We like the feel of the outer bldgs better than the main bldg. More casual I think, more our speed.

TammiMcMan
12-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Sugar Loaf feels a little more like a casual bed and breakfast. There are no castle views from anywhere within the building because of the way it's situated on the property. 2 or 3 rooms have a fireworks view, but primarily you have your choice of marina or garden. A little known FYI is that there are 3 lodge tower rooms (2nd, 3rd and 4th floor). Normally, you would pay extra for these larger rooms, but in Sugar Loaf, you can request one if you want at no additional charge. The lodge tower room on the 4th floor doesn't have a balcony. They all do come with 2 queen beds, plus the extra space which is for a living room type setup and 2nd tv. It's still all one big room, kind of like a studio suite.

They can be nice for the added space, plus with the lounge being on the small side, if you can't find a seat, you can bring your snacks up to your room and sit on the sofa while enjoying them.

SBETigg
12-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Another thing to keep in mind, Lisa-- be sure to ask for the day bed. Not all rooms have them (on the upper floor, I think all the lower floors do) and I know this is probably important to you.