PDA

View Full Version : Princess Girls December Get-A-Way part 6-Magic Kingdom.

princessgirls
12-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Cast of Characters:

Me: Julie Planner and lover of all things Disney
DH: Fred Good Sport
DD: Morgan 9
DD: Madison 8

Dates: December 4-9th
Resort: Pop Century

It is our last day here in Florida. We wake up to a cell phone call that the girls school has a delayed opening...LOL! Bad weather in New Jersey. Well, it's warm and sunny here, so let's go!
Fred and I quickly pack up our room, while my sleeping beauties sleep away. That made things easy. It seems we have purchased way to many things, and need to find places for them, but we pack up, get the girls up and dressed and take our luggage to the airline check-in desk. Everything goes so smooth and we are on a Magic Kingdom bus by 9:30. Not bad.
Once inside the Magic Kingdom, we are on a mission to cover our favorites. We hit space first, girls do Astro Orbiter, we all enjoyed Carousel of Progress, made our way over to Fantasyland via the teacups. It's a warm one today in Florida. We are sweating...LOVE IT!
We did IASW, and pooh here, leaving Philharmagic for the last ride on the way out. Took another ride on our doom buggy, and enjoyed a showing of Princess Tiana on her Riverboat. Cute show. Fred grabbed fast passes for BTMR. Now, I have a situation...a Disney situation so it's all good, here it is...the girls want to go on Splash, and the water canon is back on, because it's warm out, and I know we will get wet. We don't have our ponchos, everything is packed up off to the airport, and
Fred and I don't want to get wet. The wait time is 5 minutes, so we sent the girls on. They loved it. They went on 3 or 4 times actually, and during this time, Fred ran over and got him and I Dole Whip floats, which was another magical moment for me. Sitting in the warm sun with my "green" for the holidays dole whip float and my Fred...heaven!!
The girls were happy, a little wet, and excited that they did splash 4 times. Crowds were minimal today. We did BTMRR another two times, and went back over towards Tomorrowland as Fred's choice for lunch was Cosmic Ray's. A good meal was had by all. It was starting to get close to our time that we had to think about leaving. We did Mickey's Philharmagic as our last attraction of this trip. It was great as always. One of my favorites, as we made our way around the castle, we caught the tail end of the Celebrate show. I started to cry. It was such a great trip, the Magic Kingdom was just perfect in all of it's holiday splendor on this beautiful, warm sunny 87 degree day. It was a moment for me. We make our way down Main Street, and the girls grab a cookie from the bakery for a treat. Good Bye Magic Kingdom...We'll be back...
Caught a bus quickly back over the Pop, and had some time to spare so the girls used their 30 minute game card for about 20 minutes, then our Magical Express bus came. I noticed in the luggage room that the pop had 99% occupancy rate for today. Wow!
Trip to the airport was uneventful. Our flight was delayed an hour, no big deal. We had a good flight home, and came home to cold snowy New Jersey.
A truly magical, wonderful trip. So blessed to have been able to have taken this holiday trip!
I'll post my final thoughts later.
Thanks for reading.
Julie:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh! This was my favorite day of yours so far! What a wonderful time in the MK! And the Dole Floats were actually green???? Crazy!

faline
12-23-2009, 06:05 PM
That last day is always bittersweet! It's really fun to know that you are so warm when the weather at home is so bad!

pdrlkr
12-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
12-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Aw, Julie - what a bummer your time at Disney has come to an end. But what a great day! Philharmagic sounds like the perfect attraction to close your trip to . . . and trust me, I know all about that crying the last moments you're at MK!

It's been wonderful sharing your trip. Looking forward to your closing thoughts. Thanks for taking us with! :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
01-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Sorry tohear your trip has come to an end, but you certainly made the most of your last day at MK! Thanks for your reports!