PDA

View Full Version : 5 Mouseketeers and No Stroller!

BedknobsandBroomsticks
12-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Day 3 Everybody slept great because of all the climbing at BB and walking at Epcot. Forgot to say that we went on Spaceship Earth last on Day 2 before dinner, first time since upgrade. Kids really liked the interactives in the "car" and DD12 noticed some of the other changes as well. We all rode TT too. It is so nice to be able to ride things together as family now that the kids are bigger. Weather sunny and nice today. We headed over to DHS for the day. We were supposed to meet my cousins but they are very slow in getting going so we headed off to TSM and we'll meet up with them later. We got there about 10:30 and there was already a 40 min. wait. We decided to go for standby anyway because it looked like the line moved fast and because fastpasses were already upto like 2 in the afternoon. Kids really liked the ride waiting area and the ride too. They wanted to ride again but the line was just too long. We next hit Muppet Vision and Star Tours, both are family favs of ours. We did all this and my cousins still hadn't gotten to the park. Finally at 12:30 they arrived. We all went Great Movie Ride together and then the Backlot Tour. It is nice being with them but our agendas are very different. We realize now how much slower it is to move with a stroller because they have one and their little one wants to see and do things that don't interest our older ones any longer. We decided to head back to OKW to swim and we'll meet them tomorrow at MK. This is probably a better park for our two families to do together. Bryan fell at the pool and scraped both feet. I said "Puddy, you a wreck" and he laughed but it hurts I'm sure. Allie happy again about not having to use a lifejacket at slide at pool. We cleaned up and bandaged the boo-boos and then headed to Downtown Disney to eat at Fulton's Crab House. We've never eaten there before. Beautiful ambience! We are really coming along. We had only one order of chicken and fries, for DS. DD9 had Alaskan King Crab Legs and baked potato, DD12 had shrimp and pasta. Eric had steak and enormous lobster tail. I had fish. Walked to Ghiardelli chocolates where they were giving out free!!! samples of whole chocolates. Kids had Italian Ice and we went to LegoLand.
Day 4 MK yeah! off to park at 9:45am went to the left to adventure land and rode Aladdin and Jungle Cruise. We saw Pinocchio and got his autograph and pictures. We never saw him before and all the kids, even DD12 still love to get pictures and autographs. Walked right onto Pirates and saw Captain Jack swordfighting outside. DD9 is stopping to get a hairwrap and our cousins are finally here. My cousin the husband used to come with my parents, brother and me when we were kids but he hasn't been to the world since 1986. It is wife and two daughters first trip. Everyone rode Pirates again while DD and DH got the hairwrap completed. It take a while! There youngest DD5 loves my oldest and liked sitting by her on Pirates. All laughed and loved being together. Unfortunately, we chose the HM next. There DD10 said she was scared but her Dad really wanted to go. I figured if she sat with us and all she would be fine. Well I was wrong!!! That kid balled all the way through the ride! My 9 year old and I sat in the doombuggy with her and had to hold and console her the whole time. Her 5 year old sister was in the car in front and started crying so as not to be beat our by her sister. I really thing she wouldv'e been fine she is the much gustier of the two but I think she figured "when in Rome"... After the ride she ran to her mom who wouldn't go and cried for while and then finally calmed down. We had a chuckle, DD9 and I, and said "we'll have to ride that again later because we didn't get to see a thing!" We all went on SW and the carousel. We decided to split up again because we wanted to Snow White and sign scared them away! Did Tea Cups and Dumbo too. They are missing alot because they run from land to land. You can't run peoples trip for them though so we just let it go and do our thing. Met up again for an early dinner at Crystal Palace. Best buffet in WDW, IMHO. We really ate like kings! Kids loved helping themselves and worked in teams with the younger ones to get plates. It was so nice they put us at two tables right by the buffet so we could see them but they could go up on there own. They sat at one table and talked like magpies and the grownups sat next to them. The tomato and mozzarella salad was divine. Soup yummy. 4 or 5 desserts really makes for good evening too. We headed over to BTMRR but I was laughing and worried I would lose my supper. I haven't been on BTMRR in 23 years! Yes! I always waited with the younger ones while DH rode. Well now I was out of luck because everyone is tall enough. We loaded onto the ride and DD9, cousin DD5 and I get the front seat, EEEEK! I couldn't remember the ride at all, and I hate big hills. I was the one balling now. Pretending to anyway and nervously laughing. Cousins DD5 holding my hand. We all loved it. Laugh so hard because my hat kept flying off but my ponytail held it on. Went on railroad to Toontown and kids road Barnstormer. Rode Buzzlightyear and Indy Speedway and Monster's Inc. They are leaving for home tomorrow so it really was nice ending for them, I hope. Kids didn't want to leave. Said goodbye and we stayed a bit longer. We rode TTA and had a unique experience. Something happened to Space Mtn. and all the lights were on inside. People out of car standing on cat walk next to track. Really cool to see it with lights on. Looks like an erector set. Not that impressive to DH who ride it in the dark. Watched wishes on bridge and headed home. Bad weather coming tonight. Torrential rains all night. Everyone so tired they slept great though. Good thing we packed the slickers!!!!

faline
12-23-2009, 10:31 AM
What fun you had with your extended family!

BedknobsandBroomsticks
12-23-2009, 11:14 AM
yes, and you were right about my daughter being so happy about the lifejackets. She gets called tiny and short all the time at school and she really gets tired of it. If she were an inch taller that automatically means she can swim. She has been swimming at the Jersey Shore since she was 5. I told her that alot of times these rules come about because of law suits. We always go in the wave pool with our kids. I understand the rules for rides having to do with safety and height but just because someone is 47" inches tall doesn't mean they can't swim. :mickey:

Ms. Mode
12-23-2009, 12:36 PM
WOW if Space Mountain broke down on me I don't think they could pry me out of the car..:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
12-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Another fun day - kind of comical about your cousins' daughters and their reaction to HM. I hope you were able to ride it again. Good for you, hopping on BTMRR with the rest of the gang!

I'm getting a bit concerned about Space Mountain - it just came back online & I've read countless reports of it breaking down. That's sure not promising!

It sounds like everyone in your family is having a great time. Thanks for sharing! :mickey: