PDA

View Full Version : An Aladdin Dark Ride

hartman27
12-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey everyone,

Relatively new here at Intercot and I'm sure this has been brought up before but I really would love to see the Imagineers look into creating an Aladdin dark ride.

I've heard several bloggers on other Disney sites discuss this (and most likely here in the past) and I can just visually see a really great ride that uses the Peter Pan flying rigs (ala Magic Carpets) to whisk guests through a retelling of the Aladdin tale including, a ride over of Agrabah's marketplace, sailing into the Cave of Wonders, a trip into the Genie's lamp (using many of the designs elements of the "You Got a Friend Like Me" scene), making an escape from the Cave as lava spurts up at you and the cave's jaws close, and finally an encounter with Jafar transforming into his Snake.

I think this would be such a blast. Pity nothing like this was even considered for the expansion of Fantastyland. Personally, I find all that space wasted (besides the B&B restaurants) as a cash grab towards little girls. As usual, boys will not give two cents towards Fantasyland. At least an Aladdin ride could have countered that. But discussing Disney's bias marketing towards girls is a whole other thread entirely.

But any way you look at it, an Aladdin dark ride with legitimate AA instead of cut outs would be amazing.

fielin
12-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Actually, there is a (very so-so) Aladdin walkthrough in Disneyland Paris, and it's not in Fantasyland, but in Adventureland.

Aladdin works better with the oriental theme, than with the fairytale theme.

But I agree, an aladdin dark ride could be a blast !

Bay Lake
12-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Wow I love this idea, with al the advances in special effects, it would be amazing.
:santa3::tree::santa3::tree:

BigThunderFan
12-23-2009, 11:01 AM
This would be neat in 3D similar to Spiderman at IOA! Imagine the carpet (with you on it) falling toward the lava in the scene in the cave of wonder. Ooh, sends goosebumps down my back just thinking of how cool that could be!:number1: