PDA

View Full Version : Placement of Hand Gel dispensers

Zawadi
12-22-2009, 06:38 PM
During our last trip we noticed that alcohol based hand gel dispensers appeared at certain locations. The entrance to the lobby of AKL's Jambo House being one such location.

We can only assume that this is a hygene step in response to the N1H1 conditions.

However, we did notice that:

1) The dispensers were often empty
2) There were no dispensers at the entrance to any counter and/or table outlets.

I would assume that food outlets were the most likely place for transference from hand to mouth of germs and/or viruses.

We carried our own gel and noticed that some other guests did the same.

faline
12-22-2009, 06:45 PM
We noticed that dispenser at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I used it several times. I carried my own but thought that Disney could have offered more dispensers in more locations. I never found the one I used empty but I would imagine it could be difficult to keep it in stock with so many folks passing by.

magicofdisney
12-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Because their automatic, there is a learning curve for some people. Trust me, it took my mom a couple of swipes to figure it out so I'm thinking there are others like that. All this to say half her attempts ended up on the ground.

Joannelet
12-23-2009, 09:29 AM
The one at the entrance of Epcot was empty everytime we went. I am assuming its because it was the only one placed by the entrance so 1,000's of people were using it and it was hard to maintain. But most of the others had stuff in it when we used it. They are placed sparingly around the park. We also had our own....we used it all the time before every meal, after every meal, everytime we got off a ride, etc.
It worked though because none of us got sick!! :) Yay!! that was a bonus for me!

Granny Jill A
12-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Ahhhhh, I love the smell of hand santizer in the morning. It kind of overwhelmed everything, but as long as people stayed well, I guess it was worth it.

LudwigVonDrake
12-28-2009, 08:39 PM
It's a great idea as long as they keep them filled :mickey: