PDA

View Full Version : Which water park?

mom2morgan
12-22-2009, 05:11 PM
We've been in December and it's been chilly both times, so we've never been to a water park. If we go in the summer, which one do you like better? (mind you, I have a kid pushing for Aquatica - has anyone been to it? I know that's a bit blasphemous to ask here ;-)

TheVBs
12-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Never been to Aquatica, so can't help you on that one. But, we prefer Typhoon Lagoon. We actually liked some of the slides better at Blizzard Beach, but overall Typhoon Lagoon wins out. We like the atmosphere and theming better, love that there's more shade, more sand, and we have little ones who really enjoy the play area there.

DVC2004
12-22-2009, 08:32 PM
We've been to both DIsney waterparks, and I prefer Typhoon Lagoon. The water rollercoasters, snorkeling and wave pool were big hits with my kids. And coming from a cold climate I prefer the tropical theme any day. However they are both good.

mom2morgan
12-22-2009, 08:47 PM
We've been to both DIsney waterparks, and I prefer Typhoon Lagoon. The water rollercoasters, snorkeling and wave pool were big hits with my kids. And coming from a cold climate I prefer the tropical theme any day. However they are both good.

LOL - that was my only thought so far. The slides and features seem about equal - but coming from Alberta the "blizzard" theme is just NOT.FUNNY.

crmark1
12-22-2009, 08:56 PM
We have been to both, and they are both in my top two. From Typhoon Lagoon you cant see any of the "outside world" which to me adds to the effect of feeling like you are actually on a tropical Island. Its our favorite.

disneykid@hrt
12-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Another vote for TL! I hadn't been since I was much much younger- too small for the wave pool and we were swimmers- and always went to BB. I thought that since BB was newer it had to be better anyway... well we went to TL on our last trip and I was blown away by how much more I liked it. I'm not into the slides so much but the atmosphere was so nice. It was so plush and tropical- and I know BB should feel "cold" but not sterile cold.

wire0monkey
12-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Our family prefers Blizzard Beach. My littlest kid likes the slides in the kiddie area at Blizzard Beach more. I like that area better because it's easier to watch my 3-5 year old in that area than it is at TL. My bigger kid likes the tween area at BB a lot, and there's nothing like that at TL. They spend a lot of time on the zip line drop and iceberg net. (It's not an area for poor swimmers, though.)

It's not that we don't like TL. My kids have a great time in their wave pool. It's just that we like BB better.

epceddie
12-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I love the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon. Six-foot waves come at you every 60 seconds or so and I can spend all day in the water there.

bruin1344
12-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Never been to Aquatica. I prefer Typhoon Lagoon because of the wave pool and the wait times for the major attractions at Blizzard Beach were longer than Typhoon Lagoon.

Jillirose
12-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Flip a coin, go to the winner this time, and the other next! We've been to both and like each for different reasons. Both are great:swim:.

LudwigVonDrake
12-30-2009, 07:26 PM
I prefer Blizzard Beach but Crush n' Gusher is a great experience :mickey:

Disneypixie513
01-09-2010, 07:31 PM
I think I perfer BB by about a teensy bit. TL is great for the wave pool and the water coaster, but BB has more slides( at least it seems like it), and that's my favorite at water parks.
As far as theme goes, I perfer TL a bit more.

Genie1953
01-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Which water park has the longest lazy river. My husband and I could just spend hours floating along a lazy river.

kemps@wdw
01-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Both are great and have their own specialties. BB...Summitt Plummett...nuf said! TL has the better wave pool though, and Shark Reef rocks! I say...do 'em both! :D