PDA

View Full Version : Belle & the Beast Return to the Castle-Day 10- Grand Marshalls

jenny1976
12-22-2009, 03:07 PM
As the packing took a looooong time, we wokw up a bit late, got ready, ate breakfast at the hotel, checked our bags, checked into the Airline and headed to MK around 11:00 am which I was not happy about. It's late, WE ONLY HAVE 5 HOURS!!!
Well, to my surprise, it ended up working to our advantage. As we walked into the Park, I said hello to everyone I encountered and saw this man, in the corner, just lonely, who noted we were celebrating our 7th anniversary. I said Good Morning and thought nothing of it. Hi, Congratulations, WHere are you folks from? My name is Dean. How long are you going to be in the Park? This is going somewhere good, I know it!! How would you folks like to celebrate your anniversary in a special way? Yes, and how would that be? Would you like to be Grand Marshalls of the Make a Dream Come True Parade and ride in the car just ahead of Mickey and Minnie? What?!!!! are you serious?!!! The dream of my life has come true. Well, be here at 2:40 pm and I will get you settled and ready. Will do. OMG!!!!OMG!!!!OMG!!!! Must call home. Must do SM and the HM...Let's goooo. We saw Move it, Shake it, Celebrated and absolutely LOVED it, they should leave that forever in the Park. Did our repeats and headed on over to where we were told to wait for Dean. CHip and Dale came along for hellos and pics, then Dean came in with a bag with a certificate and some monogrammed Mickey Ears!!!! We had pics by the Photopass guy who happened to be Puertorrican. We met the other couple who was gonna be with us and proceeded to board the car...Am I DREAMING?!!! Pluto came over to say hi and we were instructed to wave and smile. OMG!!! They just opnened the gates!!!
ALl these people are recording and photogrphing this OMG!!!! HOW COOL ARE WE!!!!
We got to the end of the route, got more pics, were instructed to go to a special area to watch the remaider of the parade, so we did. We then, realized...IT'S 4:30 PM!!! WE have to go back. NOOOOO!!! So we grabbed our last counter service meal on the DP and RAN to the hotel. RUN, FOREST, RUN!!!!!!!!!!As we got there and had them look for our carry on, the bus arrived. ALL suitcases in toe, we boarded the bus for home.
DME was prompt and left us on side A. We went for some really, really last minute gifts and proceeded to the checkpoint, in which the xray machine got stuck TWICE!!! We, ARE NOT GONNA MAKE IT!!!...But we did, 15 minutes before boarding. Flight was uneventful and arrived a little behind schedule thanks to a passanger with a dog in a tote. But we arrived safely, proceeded to baggage claim, where we found ALL our luggage intact, THANK GOD!! Proceeded to call a cab and arrived home around 1:00 am.
FInal Thoughts:
The Contemporary is not that great with shower accesibility, but it is with everything else.
LOVE BLT, but it needs a full scale lobby(concierge...etc), more washing machines, more food options or at least somewhere to refill your mug .
Castmember at CM should get retrained, character interaction is not what it used to be.
Peter Pan and Pirates SHOULD be made fully accesible if possible (I'm sure they can think of a way).
Along our way, there were angels like Alfredo and the guy who helped me into Pirates which made th trip more special.

HAD a Blast being GM at the Parade
Cat Cora Should NEVER EVER EVER Leave.

All in all A GREAT, WONDERFUL,MAGNIFICENT trip!!! NOW, who wants to plan next year?!!!!:cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Sounds like a great trip

jenny1976
12-22-2009, 04:36 PM
I forgot to mention, we went on TSMM the first day and we saw lots of street shows, including DeVine (for the first time EVER). It was fun to see all this art happening in AK, MK, EPCOT & DHS!!! Also, we were congratulated numerous times due to our anniversary. We got many pins for my lanyard and I got to watch my faves, the dapper dans!!!

faline
12-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Congrats! What a magical and special way to end your trip!

DisneyorBust
12-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Congratulations for your 7th Anniversary and for becoming Grand Marshalls! What a fantastic way to end an anniversary trip! My DW and DD's and I were chosen a couple of trips ago to be Grand Marshall's so I know of the exciement you felt, just magical! Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I enjoyed touring 'with' you both!

pdrlkr
12-24-2009, 12:08 AM
What a Magical last day! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Talk about ending your trip with a bang! Sounds like a dream come true, for sure! Loved your reports, you have a great energy about you! I will try Kouzzina now I think too! Thank you!

KylesMom
12-26-2009, 11:02 PM
What a wonderful, fabulous, SPECTACULAR last day for you and DH. Congratulations on having your dream come true!!!

Thanks for taking the time to share all of your days with us - it was great coming along with you, Jenny! :mickey:

vizsla
12-28-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
12-30-2009, 11:09 AM
what a great way to end your vacation!! thats so awesome you guys were GM at the parade!!

thanx for sharing your vacation with us..i enjoyed reading about it! :mickey: