PDA

View Full Version : 5Mouseketeers and No Stroller!

BedknobsandBroomsticks
12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Well I think I am finally ableto post some trip reports. My post trip depression is fading thanks to Christmas coming and the Intercot boards.
Day 1 November 29th, 2009 Short... Travel day yuck! but the upside is that DS 7 finally kept his earplanes (those little earplugs that help with ear pain on airplanes) in for the whole trip. He gets terrible ear pain when we fly, like his daddy. We tried to get him to wear them on past trips but he was to little to understand and he would pull them out and then have terrible pain lasting for days after the flight. This was so wonderful. A great start to the trip.

The Mouseketeers are:
Me (MickeyMomMember and lover of all things Disney since first trip in 1982)
DH Sometimes reluctant Disney traveler but coming along into the fold.
DD 12 Loves the World like mom
DD 9 Same as above
DS 7 Hates princesses but loves Buzz and manly characters!

I decided to call our trip this because we didn't use a stroller once on the trip. This is a big deal as most parents know. I didn't think DS would be ready or even younger DD because she has very tiny legs. We did it though! and I was proud of them all. Every country in Epcot and six days at the parks!!

We got to our resort OKW and checked into our 2 bedroom villa (home for the week). We then went out to go to Goods to Go for a quick snack and who do we run right into (literally), my cousins and their daughters 10 and 5. We knew they were going to be there but not eating at Olivia's! They were staying up river at POR. Laughter and hugs ensued and then we planned to meet up in two days. They were going to Sea World the next day and we were going to Blizzard Beach. Got some dinner and resort mugs and then off to sleep.

Day 2 November 30 Blizzard Beach
This was our first time at BB. We were first ones in line to enter. It was supposed to supposed to be the warmest day of our trip and it was, so it was a good thing we went. Kids really liked BB. My daughter although she is 9 is just barely 48 inches and she was sure they would make her wear a life jacket to go in the wave pool, they do at our water parks at home and they did at universal last year for the tiny water slide at Portofino Bay Hotel. She is 9 for goodness sake and an excellent swimmer. She just happens to be short. She was so thrilled that she didn't have to wear anything. There were only a few rides with height restrictions and she wouldn't have done them anyway. We all climbed to the top of the mountain first and rode the family tube ride "Teamboat Springs" so fun, even though DS got stung by a bee! Quick trip to first aid for numbing lotion and bandaid. We rode it again! Kids loved the tween area, ski patrol school I think its called. We all rode the tube slides and my husband dared me to go on the single closed tube slide. Well if you know me from previous threads you'll know I am not a thrill ride enthusiast. Big chicken to the max. Some alien being posessed me and I said I'll do it. Let me tell you it was like that original scene in Willy Wonka on the boat in the dark. Totally enclosed and totally dark except for the occasional peep of light. Very disorienting. Scary but I was proud of myself. We next went into the lazy river, very, very long. Next the wave pool. We were amazed that you can use tubes in the wave pool. Nice to just sit and bob along. Reminded kids of Castaway Cay. We had a nice lunch of the usual family fare and then did the mat body slides. The kids loved them and went again and again. Park was empty, really, no lines for anything. Left around 3 p.m. Back to hotel then over to Epcot for dinner at Italy. I liked the dinner here and so did everyone but DH. He got the spaghetti, don't recommend it because it was a small portion and he's a big eater. The kids pizza here was the bomb though! DS loved it. Huge and fresh made with real mozzarella. DD12 had pasta with shrimp, yummy and I had pumpkin ravioli, delicious. We had dessert of cookies etc. as we walked back to leave. I was disappointed that there were no Beaver Tails to be found in Canada. Family all laughed because Daddy's new joke is Mommy is upset because she can't get her Beaver's Butt! Ha Ha.
To be continued, days 3 and 4 to come....
Have a Disney Day!:mickey:

yjgirl32
12-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Very nice. We too liked BB a lot. Thanks for sharing.

faline
12-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Except for the bee sting, it was a good start to your trip!

Congrats on leaving the stroller behind!

Your daughter must have been thrilled to not be required to wear a life jacket. As a short person, I understand the issues that go with being smaller than others your age!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the report

pdrlkr
12-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
12-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Great report!

You are off to a good start!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
12-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Congratulations on being able to go stroller-free!

Sounds like a fun day at BB. Thanks for sharing - looking forward to your next report! :mickey: