PDA

View Full Version : Boma & San Angel review

AmBo
12-22-2009, 09:16 AM
We ate at Boma's breakfast on our first day down there. It was scrumptious! Some of the food was "typical" but the themed food is what I enjoyed. They had curried sausage and biscuits which was GREAT! The Ham carving station and potatoes was our favorite though. Oh, and that home made juice was GREAT! I'll be booking this one again. At $18 a head, this is a great breakfast buffet.

We've eaten at San Angel Inn maybe 5-6x now. It's always been hit or miss and the last 2 trips were HITS! We LOVED the food and service (and of course atmosphere). Now, this time, it was thoroughly disappointing. Our server dropped our drinks the first time and then brought over waters shortly after to only drop them all over the table which took 5 minutes to clean up. Just annoying I guess. The food was "ok" at best. For $28 a plate, I expect a meal to shock me.

Now, my biggest gripe is that me and my newly fiance were celebrating our engagement that happened the night prior at MVMCP. I made sure to note it on our ADR AND we were wearing our "Just Engaged" buttons. San Angel didn't do a single thing for us. Not a single, solitary congrats! Even the waste collectors were congrating us! I knew I shoulda kept our ressies at Brown Derby. I bet they woulda went above and beyond for our celebration.

needless to say, San Angel Inn won't be seeing our ADRs anytime in the near future. I guess that's apparant though being that 1/2 the tables were empty around us and the park was SLAMMED. 35 minute wait for Three Caballeros.

I really hope Disney figures out how to bring the magic back:(

SBETigg
12-22-2009, 10:24 AM
So many people are celebrating things in the parks these days, wearing buttons, that getting special recognition is really hit or miss. It's nice when it happens, but you can't count on it anywhere. I'm glad you enjoyed Boma, and it is a shame that San Angel Inn wasn't as special as you hoped it would be, and didn't live up to expectation.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-22-2009, 01:19 PM
thanks for the reviews

Ms. Mode
12-23-2009, 01:16 PM
We ate at San Angel Inn our first trip to WDW, the food was great, but the service was not so good, the waiter was a snot actually. Also, we found the tables to be crammed so close together that it felt like we were eating with the people all around us and could have joined in on there conversations...lol

There are so many places to choose from that we haven't been back yet, and you're right...The Brown Derby is hard to top:thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
12-23-2009, 04:59 PM
We had a similar experience at San Angel. :down: The tables were crammed so close to another that we couldn't comfortably sit. Our server had the personality of a doorknob and the food was average to be kind. We won't waste an ADR there any time soon.

ElenitaB
12-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Congratulations on your engagement!

Sorry that your experience at SAI was not up to snuff. After so many dropped drinks, I would have hoped for a step-up in effort, not a drop.

For what's it's worth, I'll had terrible service at Brown Derby and would be hard pressed to ever go back there. So there's good and bad everywhere. Luckily, the good tends to dominate and there are many places to chose from.

As for your celebration being recognized, I'm totally with Sherri on this one.

MNNHFLTX
12-25-2009, 11:13 AM
I have to agree with both of your reviews. Boma's has always been exceptional to me, both breakfast and dinner. I love unique, well-prepared food and they always deliver.

And while I love the San Angel Inn theming, the service and food does tend to be hit or miss. Sorry it wasn't as special as you were hoping it would be for your celebratory dinner.

PopeCharming
12-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Yep, you've pretty much summed up my experiences. Boma- YAY! San Angel- ermmm..

#1donaldfan
12-26-2009, 10:29 AM
San Angel will not get our business again...it was a total flop...the atmosphere was and still remains wonderful, but the food n service is way below par.....:cool: