PDA

View Full Version : Neanderthal with iphone: live report Dec 21

Jeff
12-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Early Entry at AK.
We drove so we can leave without waiting for a bus. Have reservations at Emirils at City Walk for lunch.

AK before 8am and they park us on grass. Say "expecting large crowd". No lie, it's Christmas week but park the late comers in grass!

41 degres.

fP for Everest then walk on to Safari. Animals smarter than us, not out in cold!

Rooibos Vanilla Tea fromtea kiosk in Asia! Top marks from DW and DD. I recommend the HUGE cherry danish! Neanderthals dont sip tea!

Update later!

Melanie
12-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Wow. You had to park on the grass????

Patricia
12-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Oh gosh! You know it's busy when you park on the grass. I was in AK at this time last year and had the same type of crowds.. but the weather was much warmer. :)

We really enjoyed ourselves and overall didn't find anything much to complain about. I did feel bad for the poor people who decided to eat lunch at noon and couldn't find any tables to sit at. We always ate at off times and found it worked nicely.

faline
12-21-2009, 10:30 AM
There must have been a lot of cars there! Brrr!!! That's a bit chilly!

disneykid@hrt
12-21-2009, 12:07 PM
41?! ehhhh... still rather be there. :thumbsup:

Jeff
12-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Great news for my fellow lovers of fine dining - wdw has now also brought CORNDOGS to AK. But alas, instead here I sit at Emiril's at Citywalk where my DW is talking about how "nicely things are plated"!!!! I don't begin to understand that concept! I would rather be having a corndog. You can't "plate" something served on a stick!

Ms. Mode
12-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Corndog with mustard....yum

tazlikesrobots
12-21-2009, 03:54 PM
My current math

Corn-dog + mustard = State Fair of Texas.

My new math

Corn-dog + mustard = AK @ WDW!

Thanks for the tip!
:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
12-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jeff
12-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Went to Studios for evening. Osborn Lights awesome as usual. Park packed. 8 -11 is Extra Magic Hours but park got more croeded after 8. Wait for Toy Story Mania at 8pm was 120 min! Yikes!!

Some girl behind me actually says "that's like two hours"!
Yep, just like 2 hours.

DisneyorBust
12-22-2009, 08:00 AM
Christmas week crowds have arrived in force! I find it strange that they would park first arrivals in the grass, if you're there early you should get a premium parking space.
41 degrees...I'll take it too! Much better than the high 20's - low 30's here.
Thanks for the reports.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
12-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Some girl behind me actually says "that's like two hours"! Yep, just like 2 hours. Too funny, Jeff. Ugh, we're always complaining about AK being too hot. I really can't imagine that park at 41 degrees! I agree, kind of silly about having the early arrivals park on the grass . . . you should have been in the front of the Unicorn section! :mickey: