PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness/Beach Club review

jonahbear2006
12-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Just returned from a 7 night stay shared between two different resorts. I have to say that Fort Wilderness gave us our request and we were right next to the bus stop, however, we had the same problem we have always had in the past. They can't seem to check us in, in an orderly fashion. They always claim our site isn't ready and we have to get obtuse with them before they want to give us a site. This year it was 3pm before we got our site and we asked for an early check in. We were told 11am upon arrival. The campfire was great, busses were great, boats were great; no problems. Trails end was fabulous.
We moved to beach club due to pregnancy aches and pains and a son who was experiencing allergies in the campground, resulting in asthmatic attacks, and felt much more comfortable. Upon check in we were ushered through the door and greeted with balloons and roses to find that for the 2nd year in a row we were family of the day and upgraded to concierge. The staff was very accomodating and Velma, our favorite concierge, was a pleasant suprise!! We love her. I wasn't too impressed with a few of the am concierges up there but I feel they were still learning. The snacks were kind of,...eh, but the evening meals up there were fantastic. We saw some pork potstickers, greek salad, duck quesadillas, fantastic peach dip and homemade chips, great cheeses, and then of course a very nice variety for breakfast. Turn down service was prompt this year, and we recieved a swan towel animal and a chocolate flat screen tv with a hand painted white chocolate screen which is a view of the beach club. The pool staff was amazing for our children and the trip could not be better. Cape May cafe was excellent as well. My only tiff with the beach club was that our bellhop never arrived for checkout and me and my children had to drag all of our stuff down to the car while dh got the car pulled up. being pregnant, that was not a happy moment. Especially when we arrived downstairs and they acted oblivious and were like."oh you need help." Something just wasnt working well that day in this area. Maybe we were all leaving at once. Who knows. Beach club is our home and here we would like to stay always. Though, we visited the boardwalk a lot and I have to say I am confused about where to stay in August when we have the 6wk old baby. Any suggestions....we have a sitter coming and possibly parents so we are looking for 2 rooms somewhere. Probably gonna bank on whatever passholder discount they are giving out. But i was hoping someone would say.......if you like the beach club you will love......(fill in the blank) would love your input!

p.s. the secret I read about in the mouse junkies book about the grand floridian cafe is true. what a great hidden secret of disney. their food is fabulous and you dont need a reservation...the grand sandwich is to die for!

ibrowse17
12-21-2009, 03:26 PM
FW is our favorite place, and has always honored our requests. I'm soor about your check in problems, but we have never had any in our many stays there. Have a great holiday:thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Fort Wilderness is our favorite place to stay, as well. I hope ds doesnt continue to have issues camping. That will make us all very sad. Happy Holidays to you too! Ours was mainly done at Disney .:thumbsup: