PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha Question

Dare To Dream
12-20-2009, 11:04 PM
For anyone who has been to this dinner show in December - is the show outside? Do they have space heaters? Can you wear a strapless dress and still be warm enough?
We have reservations for 9 but 3 have backed out. Will they split us up between two tables? Would it be better to change the reservation to 6 or keep the 9 (I don't mind paying if it means we get a better table). I don't want to do anything to risk messing this up as it is my DD's 21st BD dinner.
Thank you in advance!!!!

DizneyRox
12-21-2009, 10:51 AM
I would certainly cancel the 3 that won't be there. I feel the show isn't worth the price as is, never mind paying for people who won't be there.

December weather is unpredictable in WDW. You may end up needing winter coats and mittens it may be shorts and t-shirt weather.

AdventurerKim
12-22-2009, 01:25 PM
We went for the first time over Thanksgiving week and were underwhelmed by the food mainly, although I love that pineapple bread that they also serve in O'hana. The show was pretty good, though. The food left much to be desired, service was dismal, and the whole thing made me think we should have gone to a luau in Hawaii when we were there. We won't be doing this ever again! O'hana is so much better and cheaper!

Tinkermom
12-22-2009, 02:06 PM
I have never been to the Luau but I highly doubt they would have space heaters.

As for December weather....
We were at WDW last December and were able to swim one day and the next day a cold front came through and temps were in the high 30's-low 40's at night. We went to the Candlelight Processional that night and were FREEZING even with multiple layers. I even had to buy a blanket to help keep us warm during the show.

You just never know with Florida weather. Lately it looks like it has been fairly warm but I would suggest bringing warm clothing as well as a winter coat just in case the temps drop.:mickey:

Gator
12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
If you're used to a Colorado winters, the cold at WDW won't be bad for you. You may want to bring a shawl or light sweater just in case. I see from a PP that they didn't like it too much. My wife and I really liked it. The food was adequate - nothing spectacular but good. The service was fine as I recall. The show was good and very Disney. So don't worry about the experience.

mom2morgan
12-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Yep, it can get chilly after dark - definitely recommend a wrap over the strapless dress. I'm from Alberta, and *I* found some Orlando evenings chilly.

CardsFan81
12-22-2009, 08:00 PM
I went to the Spirit of Aloha on December 5th. It was chilly and there were no space heaters.

If you're worried about the weather, I would consider picking a different meal. The show was really expensive and I didn't feel it was worth the money. Granted, beer and wine are included, the food isn't that great and the show is cheesy. Only the last 5 minutes or so is entertaining. Just my opinion.

If you go - I hope the weather is great!