PDA

View Full Version : Kim Possible Mission

DVC2004
12-20-2009, 05:58 PM
I just have to say- my kids tried this at Epcot last week and it was so much fun! Make sure you have the time to spare because it will take a little time to complete. They did three missions- Mexico, Japan and France. Mexico was the coolest but the others were good, too. Totally fun for kids and adults. If you haven't tried it, make time on your next trip.

Can anyone tell me about the Norway mission? We wanted to do it but were short on time.

Buttercup
12-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't know about the Norway mission - but we did the United Kingdom mission last time and loved it - they even gave us a bag of tea as part of our mission. We hope to do more next time!

JCDarzi
12-20-2009, 11:07 PM
My DD6 did all the missions but Norway when we were at Epcot, 12/6 to 12/12. She absolutely loved it! Once she started on the missions, she didn't want to do anything else. Before this trip, she had never paid any attention to Kim Possible. Now, we have to Tivo it for her to watch everyday.

Definitely a big hit in our family. People around us were intrigued when they realized that my daughter was changing the landscape (such as making water flow in a koi pond or a rock light up) with her cell phone communicator.

Maybe Norway is the last mission on the list.

kakn7294
12-21-2009, 02:10 AM
My kids only did the Japan mission because it was so hot that day that we couldn't stand running around outside. We got 2 Kimmunicators which were supposed to be set on the same mission but they kept sending the kids in 2 different directions within the same pavilion. They had a great time but next time, we're only getting 1 Kimmunicator!

BigRedDad
12-21-2009, 07:49 AM
I am thinking of trying this with my DD4 in March. I think this will allow her to enjoy going around World Showcase and allow my DW and I to see them as well. I think with Kim Possible and Kidcot, we will be able to enjoy the countries more.

Do you think this may be too much for a 4 year old?

kakn7294
12-21-2009, 08:35 AM
I am thinking of trying this with my DD4 in March. I think this will allow her to enjoy going around World Showcase and allow my DW and I to see them as well. I think with Kim Possible and Kidcot, we will be able to enjoy the countries more.

Do you think this may be too much for a 4 year old?She'll need some help but I think she might enjoy it. I think she'd get a kick out of the things the phone will have her do - for example: in Japan, the phone turns a waterfall in the Koi pond on and off. You can choose to do as many missions as you want so once she (and you) complete one, you can choose to do another or simply return the phone and you're done.

Joannelet
12-21-2009, 12:21 PM
My hubby and I just did the Norway mission at the beginning of December :)
It was a lot of fun. It takes your picture at one point and sends it to your phone. We were hysterical.
Then you make smoke come out of one of the chimney's. One of the signs in Norway turn into a tv show. It was really good and we loved it. The only other one we did was China which was also a lot of fun.
I hope they continue this program because I want to go back and do more countries!!!

Joannelet
12-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Oh wait and I forgot!! You have to walk up to a cast member at one point and say something that is HYSTERICAL!!!!! (by maelstrom)

When you do they give you a code. I can't believe I forgot that in my initial post. My hubby and I were fighting over who had to go and say it. I ended up doing it...and we thought it was sooooo funny!!!!

tjewelcat
12-23-2009, 09:14 AM
How much extra time does this take per mission or county? And what exactly do you do? I had read some about it and thought that my 8yr old daughter would love it, I am just not sure what to expect. :confused:

Joannelet
12-23-2009, 09:21 AM
I would say it takes about 20 minutes or so per country.
Each country is its own mission basically.
Your 8 year old will love it. Even if you don't have enough time to do all the countries just plan on doing one or two if you can. They are a lot of fun.
You will be given a cell phone that tells you exactly where to go and what to do. It gives you clues as to help solve the mission. You will be told where to start your mission (in which country). There are things in that country set up just for the Kim Possible Mission (which is what is sooo neat about it!!!!) They are disguised to other guests and your phone basically activates them.

kcrc
12-23-2009, 02:25 PM
My kids (and me too actually) have really enjoyed doing these. With 2 kids though, we usually get 2 Kimmunicators and my husband takes one to one country and I take the other to a different country because they both end up wanting to do the activities. It's very cool because at the end, it asks you if you want to do another country, and gives you a list to pick from (so you don't have to travel to the other side of the world if you don't want to).

Also, just in case you were not aware, when you get the ticket to reserve your Kimmunicator, on the bottom of the ticket are two little letters to identify what country you are headed to. If you've already done that country, or are really far away from it, just ask the people at the stands if you could have a different country. They've always been very accomodating.

tjewelcat
12-24-2009, 07:55 AM
My kids (and me too actually) have really enjoyed doing these. With 2 kids though, we usually get 2 Kimmunicators and my husband takes one to one country and I take the other to a different country because they both end up wanting to do the activities. It's very cool because at the end, it asks you if you want to do another country, and gives you a list to pick from (so you don't have to travel to the other side of the world if you don't want to).

Also, just in case you were not aware, when you get the ticket to reserve your Kimmunicator, on the bottom of the ticket are two little letters to identify what country you are headed to. If you've already done that country, or are really far away from it, just ask the people at the stands if you could have a different country. They've always been very accomodating.

Where do you go to get the ticket for the Kimmunucator? And where do you get the Kimmunicator? Is this something I need to reserve ahead of time? Sorry this will be our first trip. I am trying to learn as much as I can before we go. Thanks for all of the help.

Buttercup
12-24-2009, 08:27 AM
I can't remember where we got our ticket... in the centre of Future World maybe? It was a while ago. It kind of looks like a Fastpass. There's no reservation necessary and you can do it whenever you'd like.
Then you take it to these little wooden wagons all around World Showcase that are all decked out with Kim Possible stuff. There are a bunch all around World Showcase. Give them your ticket at the wagon and they'll set you up with a special cell phone and they'll tell you which country you need to go to.
Once you get to your selected country, you turn on your phone and Wade (from Kim Possible) starts to give you instructions. For example, in the UK, it told us to "Find the soldier in the window of a toy store". Once you find the soldier in the window, you hit OK on your phone and suddenly that toy soldier comes to life and gives you your next instruction! You keep following the clues until your 'mission' is complete. If you want to do another country you can, or you can simply drop your phone into these secret drop-off points in the country. (In the UK it was an antique mailbox).
It's really neat how interactive it is. We were carrying around golf balls, talking to cast members to get clues, we earned a free bag of tea, we made phone calls in a British phone booth, and even filled an entire apartment with water! :mickey: It's fun!

Urbss
12-24-2009, 01:53 PM

Do you think this may be too much for a 4 year old?

We took our 4 year old (almost 5 then) in October and he loved it. We tried to go on a Thursday, but the computers for it were down. So, we made a special trip back to EPCOT on Friday (luckily we bought the park hopper) and were able to do one mission. Unfortunately it was our last night and we only had time for the 1 mission. My son really wanted to do more, but we promised him that it will be the FIRST thing we do in the World Showcase this coming fall.

We had to help him out a few times, but once he started realizing that he had to walk around and look for certain things - he really got into it.

I'm not sure who had the most fun, my son, my wife or me. The one thing I had to do was remind the wife a few times that "He" was the one who was looking for the clues. She was just getting overly into it.

Have fun!!!!

Joannelet
12-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Where do you go to get the ticket for the Kimmunucator? And where do you get the Kimmunicator? Is this something I need to reserve ahead of time? Sorry this will be our first trip. I am trying to learn as much as I can before we go. Thanks for all of the help.

You can get your ticket from the Future World to World Showcase bridge. It will be on your left hand side.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-25-2009, 10:48 PM
We picked up our "ticket" from Innovations on our way into Epcot. There were signs and CM's directing people just inside the doors.

The ticket will tell you where and when to pick up the Kimcummicator.

Our DD, now 11 has loved this! We did the test missions back in 2006, and she never stopped talking about it. On our last trip, we did all of the rest of them. DH and I also loved it, since we got a chance to explore some out of the way places in each country.

If you haven't done it, I really recommend it, even if you don't have kids :thumbsup:

teambricker04
12-26-2009, 09:59 AM
We did the China, Germany, and Japan the first week it was officially open. Our son's were 3(just about 4) and 18 months at the time. While the youngest didn't really get what we were doing, he was really entertained with us running around and being silly as well as the surprises that come along the way. Our oldest son was really into it, and still asks about doing it on our next trip. I think the trick with the younger set is making the missions more along their level and explaining everything while being super excited. My DH and I made it feel like a real mission by being silly... I know that isn't for everyone, but we have no problem getting a little wacky especially at WDW.

I think older kids would love playing around with the phones. I loved seeing things that I never would have noticed and learned more about the countries.

bxrluv
12-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Our girls 11 & 16 did Norway and loved it. They actually bonded over it :secret: I just don't remember them having to talk to a cast member or the TV part. Maybe they changed it up. I'll have to ask them. Can't wait to do the others. I'll have to remind my older one to do it with her bandmates when she's there. Fun :thumbsup:

brivers222
12-21-2011, 02:32 PM
We just did this... two missions (China and UK) it was actually a blast... so interesting how the phone interacts with various things in the countries...

Would I do it again? yep, I will have my 6year old 2nd cousin with me in 2013... we are surely going to do this.

Its the best way to really explore the Countries. In fact i went to places in the countries i never knew existed.

mydisneygirls
12-22-2011, 09:20 AM
How much does it cost to do this and do they charge for each country? We've never done this before but after ready all the comments, it sounds like fun!!!

brivers222
12-22-2011, 10:00 AM
How much does it cost to do this and do they charge for each country? We've never done this before but after ready all the comments, it sounds like fun!!!

Its totally free... all you have to do is stop at one of the Kimpossible stations and get a "fastpass" for your transponder (aka cell phone) We entered through the international gate way and went to the station at the top of the bridge on the left (right before we hit england). They swiped our KTTW card and gave us a fast pass slip saying go over to Norway at 1:45pm (it was currently 12:25pm) So we went over there the CM took our slip and gave us a phone. Once the mission was done it gave us the option to quit or choose another one (they listed 4 new countries to explore).

mydisneygirls
12-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the info brivers222....I know my DD's will love it. Congrats on your wedding!!!

Claudielou
12-22-2011, 03:06 PM
It's totally free. My husband and I did France when we were there in October. It's really fun!