PDA

View Full Version : Our family food reviews

hope23
12-20-2009, 03:17 PM
We've returned from a WONDERFUL time at Disney and wanted to share our thoughts on the meals we had. Our family is DH & I and DS 4 & 5. We're pretty average-joe when it comes to food preferences... kids are a little picky. Our goal on this trip was to try only places we'd never been before and that had kid appeal...

Chef Mickey's-
Our family enjoyed this meal experience immensely!! Honestly, the food was good, not great... but I don't think you go here primarily for the food, but moreso for the character interaction. Our boys enjoyed the characters even beyond our expectations! Definitely a highlight for each of us for the entire trip... it was just fun and magical for them. If you have kids this age, you've got to try it!

Whispering Canyon Cafe-
We enjoyed this meal. We all got the skillet and thought it was very good. The boys found things to eat and we all left full and happy. The highlight for our kids was the ketchup antics, horse races, and our waitress throwing straws on the table. They still remember the experience because of it.

Teppan Edo-
Best food of the trip!! This meal was YUMMY!DH wanted to come back every night. Our boys enjoyed it also and were very entertained by the show the chef did while preparing our food. They loved trying out eating with chopsticks as well. Highly recommed!!

50's Prime Time Cafe-
This was a fun and tasty meal. DH had pot roast, I had chicken pot pie... both were very good. Boys enjoyed the waitress's playful interaction with them about setting the table, sitting up straight, not playing with knives... etc. It was an enjoyable, relaxing meal together.

Boma-
We went back & forth on whether or not to go here... I'm very glad we did. It's a very unique meal with a little something for everyone. DH & I like trying new things, so we found lots of very yummy things. Also has traditional items for the kids, so they were very happy too. Dessert selection was fantastic! And the soups are great! We probably won't do this restaurant every time, but definitely glad we tried it out.

Overall, we had GREAT meal experiences! From the meal quality, to amount served, to wait staff... we had absolutely no complaints. We went into it expecting to enjoy them all... and did!! Hope this can help you with your selections!

BluewaterBrad
12-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks for sharing. I am glad you had a great time on your trip!:mickey:

tadshome
12-20-2009, 05:25 PM
It sounds like you ate at some great restaurants. I might have to try Whispering Canyon on our next visit. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

SBETigg
12-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Sounds like a fun time-- I'm so glad your dining choices all worked out well for your family. Thanks for reporting. :)

Gator
12-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Makes me excited to try Boma's.

I went to Whispering Canyon back in 04 but never went back. The food was pretty good. I just can't see leaving the parks for a non-character meal.

ElenitaB
12-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Sounds like they really were good choices and worked out even for your "picky" kids. :thumbsup: My experience is that I've been able to get my DS to experiment with different foods more easily at WDW than at home.