PDA

View Full Version : Check in early

crmark1
12-19-2009, 11:35 PM
On our next trip in April we are driving down. The first nite we are staying off property so we can have a full day our first day at WDW. We are staying at ASM. If we check in at 7am will they hold our bags and take them to the room like on magical exspress?

Seasonscraps
12-19-2009, 11:53 PM
They will hold your bags but you will have to call for your bags when you get into your room.

cajundisneyfreak
12-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Yes they will.We took advantage of that many of times cause we flew.It's great on your last day to drop off your luggage and head out to the parks.Get in some more disney magic before catching the magical express.Hope you have a wonderful trip! :mickey:

CleveRocks
12-20-2009, 11:02 AM
I agree with seasonscraps ... they will hold your bags but they will NOT deliver them to the inside of your room until you're in your room.

With Disney's Magical Express, the Bell Services cast members receive a payment from Disney for each bag they deliver to a room, in lieu of a tip from the guests, since there is no guarantee the guests will be in the rooms at time of delivery.

But if Bell Services delivered regular stored bags to unoccupied rooms, they'd be guaranteed NOT to receive a tip, and, in the real world, they can't make a Bell Services employee make a luggage delivery knowing that they definitely WON'T be tipped for the service.

TheRustyScupper
12-20-2009, 11:44 AM
1) DME will deliver without you present.
2) Bell-checked luggage cannot be delivered without you present.
3) Reasons:
. . . DME luggage handling is licensed-regulated-insured
. . . Bell Services is not
4) Thus, if bags or things are missing with Bell Services, you can blame WDW.
5) They will not take that responsibility.

Darbylew
12-20-2009, 01:40 PM
We have checked in early and left our bags in
the car until we are ready to go to our room.
One time our room was not ready so we just
left our bags in the car and went to one of the
parks got our bags went we got back to the
resort from the park. It can work either way
you can let them hold them or you can leave
them in the car. :)

Tick-Tock
12-22-2009, 01:26 PM
A few years ago we were able to check in at POP at 6:15 am, but bell services wasn't open until 7 am. We were lucky enough to be given a room that was ready, even that early, so we just took our bags to the room.

(Just wanted you to be aware that if you get up extra early due to excitement, bell services might not be ready for you!)

crmark1
12-22-2009, 01:50 PM
OK thanks for all the info. DW and I have discussed this and I'm not above getting a trolly and taking my own bags to the room if were not lucky enough to get a room thats ready that morning. We are planning on being there to check in around 6:30am.

LudwigVonDrake
12-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Just have bell services hold your bags and when you're ready for the room get your bags.