PDA

View Full Version : POR vs AS Music Family Suite

GoofysGirl
12-18-2009, 05:40 PM
We are hopefully returning to WDW for Thanksgiving 2010. Our family of 5 consist of DH, myself, DS age 7, DD age 10 & DS who will turn 14 on the trip. We have priced the trip w/the quick service dining & staying at either the POR or AS Music family suites. The POR is about $600 cheaper. I know the ASM has more space & 2 bathrooms. All we really do is sleep in our rooms - at the parks as much as possible. Is the $600 worth the space & 2 bathrooms at the ASM family suite for a week? Or should we go with the POR? Any advice would be appreciated!!!:mickey:

DVC2004
12-18-2009, 06:12 PM
If it were me I would stay at POR. I haven't stayed in a family suite but we just got back from POR and it was very nice. We are a family of 4 with boys ages 11 and 12 and they are getting big- but it didn't feel crowded. Also POR is a moderate so it has more amenities. I know you aren't in your room that much but we preferred it over the values.

BigRedDad
12-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Have you looked at 2 rooms at a Value resort? This gives you 2 bathrooms, 4 beds. It probably comes out to slightly more than POR and still less than a Family Suite.

mom2morgan
12-18-2009, 08:57 PM
I like POR so I'd still do it, but I admit it is pretty crowded for a family of 5. Cost wise, I agree about the 2 value rooms being less expensive then a family suite, so if I DID stay at the value that is what I'd do. I think you'd be a lot more comfortable, unless you are a POR junkie like I am ;-)

#1donaldfan
12-19-2009, 10:50 AM
POR...like you, we only use the room to sleep and shower, we're in the parks 90% of our time, so what are the extra toilets, showers and beds doing while your not there ?? Exactly...Nothing !! $ 600 goes a long, long way in souviners and food....

....plus, for us we like the laid back feel of POR, versus the overcrowded, loud, busy values....they are like being in the park 24 / 7....:mickey: