PDA

View Full Version : Photopass photographers at resorts?

GrumpyFan
12-17-2009, 05:27 PM
I've never seen them at Pop, but do the photopass photographers ever come to any of the resorts? This just seems like it would be something most guests would appreciate.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-17-2009, 06:03 PM
We had a great (free) photopass session at Wilderness Lodge last year, while waiting for our ADR at Whispering Canyon. We also saw a similar set-up at the Grand Floridan, so maybe it is just the deluxe resorts.

Strmchsr
12-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I think it's just at the the deluxe. I've stayed at all the values and most of the moderates and never seen a photopass person at those places.

retiredfigment
12-17-2009, 07:46 PM
We were just at WL and they had a photographer taking pictures by the tree. All resorts may have one for the holidays?

Polynesian Dweller
12-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Certainly at the deluxes, we saw ten sessions on the beach in the seven days we were at the Poly. By the end we could predict the next shot, all of the photopass photographers seemed to take the same posed shots in front of the Hawaii building.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
12-18-2009, 06:08 PM
We did a full family photo session at BC with a PhotoPass photographer. It was a 1-hour session and we have a whole bunch of terrific family pictures with an assortment of nice backdrops at various locations around the BC. Before we did that, we did some investigation and learned that we could do a session with the photographers who do Disney weddings instead, but we ultimately went with PhotoPass. (My wife has all of the details and comparisons -- sorry I don't have that handy!) But to answer your question, yes, PhotoPass is available at least at BC (and I believe, as others have said, at all of the deluxe resorts).

Disney_Barbie
06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
This thread was started about 6 months ago, but was EXACTLY the info I was searching for. But it still leaves me somewhat curios. I’ve never before noticed photo pass photographers at the resorts (but admittedly I’ve never been “looking” for them before). Can anyone give me more info on when / where in the deluxe resorts we might be able to find them?
We’ve preordered the photopass CD & are looking forward to getting the typical “theme park” kinda photos of us w/ characters & major park icons like that castle, but we also want variety. Ideally, we want some photos of us together that are not too theme-park-ish. I never realized they had photographers @ the resorts, and we thought a private session would be the only way we could achieve these not overly “theme park” shots (we haven’t booked the private session yet but were about to in the next week or so)
But it would be much more ideal for us if we didn’t have to book, pay the sitting fee, ect.
I especially like the idea of just catching the photopass photographers vs buying the private photo session, cause Ideally I’d like to have pictures of us in different locations, on different days, different outfits, hairstyles, etc… and I’m obviously we’re not going to book multiple private photo sessions, so do you think I might be able to catcht the photographers???
The two main places we’d like to catch a photographer is anywhere on the monorail loop & anywhere around the Epcot area resorts.
Any advise on where & what times of day (we’ll be there the first 2 weeks of August) we might catch the photo pass photographers @ the resorts?

KylesMom
06-30-2010, 03:35 PM
I’ve never before noticed photo pass photographers at the resorts (but admittedly I’ve never been “looking” for them before). Can anyone give me more info on when / where in the deluxe resorts we might be able to find them?
We typically stay at WL for 15 days each summer, and we've never seen random PhotoPass photographers which will just scan your card, take a shot or two and you're done. They of course have the session booth across from the gift shop where you can make arrangements (we too saw tons of families doing the package), and we've seen a few wedding parties being photographed, but never one just snapping shots like you'd see around the parks.

We also have several ADRs at other deluxe resorts during our stay, and other than the Chef Mickey photographer near the statue, we haven't seen them anywhere else, either where they're there to scan, shoot & move on to the next guest. :confused:

DisneyWFan
06-30-2010, 05:15 PM
We came across a photopass photographer at WL last Aug. before we went to dinner at Whispering Canyon he was in the back of the lobby by the bridge the Photopass photographer at GF was upstairs by the elevator and grand staircase at the desk where you can check your photos that are on your cards I think they are only available from 5:30- 8:30 at GF (these were not private sessions)I hope this helps all I can say is keep your eyes open you never know where they will show up

faline
06-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Last December, my brother and his family had their pciture taken in front of the holiday tree for a photopass photographer at Animal Kingdom Lodge. He was even able to use it as the free photo he got with his trip package.

forever a child
06-30-2010, 07:38 PM
When I had my scheduled photo session at Poly, the photographer Melissa told me that between appointments they will take photos of guests. I assume to keep busy throughout the day. So I would assume this is why you sometimes see them taking photos randomly for guests. Actually, someone asked her if she could take a photo for them and she told them "no" because she was working with us during a scheduled appointment. We were all over the resort that morning! Anyway, if this is the reason why...then it would just be the 5 resorts that actually do photo shoot sessions; GF, Poly, WL, BC, & AKL.