PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway: Season 7

Melanie
12-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Back to New York!!! Woohoo!

Season 7 premieres January 14 at 10pm EST on Lifetime.

Meet the designers here (http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/project-runway-designers).

PirateLover
12-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Gosh I hope it's better than season 6!

lovewalt
01-15-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm surprised that no one has posted about the Disney connection yet! :pirate:

I'm recovering from Bronchitis so was too tired to stay awake for the whole show last night. I know Lifetime is re-running it tonight.So I'll be tuning in again.I'm really hoping this season is better than last!

murphy1
01-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I didn't even know!! I loved it on Bravo more. Didn't even finish watching last season. Meanwhile I have been busy at my own sewing machines this week!

BlueTinky
01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
We had it recorded form when it came on since we couldn't catch it when it aired. Just started watching it and found that one of the guys whos on it was a Disney cast member. None other than Jack Sparrow himself in the MK stage show! We looked back our pictures form previous trips and I'm pretty sure we have some pictures of him during one of his shows... :secret:

NotaGeek
01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
YEA! I really like the episode and the people seem much more interesting than last season...

PirateLover
01-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Finally just got to watch. I definitely think it has potential to be better than last season. There are definitely some characters! And I called my fiance in to show him the Jack Sparrow guy. Interesting!

KarenP
01-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I finally got to watch last night too. Seems like it will be a good season. No favorites yet.

TheDuckRocks
01-17-2010, 09:18 AM
With only the one show so far things do look better for this season. OMGosh! Do any of you know anyone who would actually wear Ping Wu's stuff? And who was the designer with the huge pompoms at the waist? My DH says Jack Sparrow.

Briansmom
01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
....that the CM that is 'friends' with Captain Jack Sparrow in WDW is competing on the show this season???? :pirate:

murphy1
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Catching up, watching the second episode. I like a lot of the designers (glad to see a Tampa, too!) I have to find this pic I have of Jack Sparrow, I can't tell if it's him or not, that would be cool if it is.

TheDuckRocks
01-22-2010, 12:19 PM
We have some people this season with some real talent. Just loved the dress that won and the third place one. Once again this week, I'm not getting Ping at all. The dress was ugly and how unforgiveable is leaving someones backside hanging in the breeze? And she just doesn't understand the judges calling her on it at all.

Melanie
01-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Once again this week, I'm not getting Ping at all. The dress was ugly and how unforgiveable is leaving someones backside hanging in the breeze? And she just doesn't understand the judges calling her on it at all.

But they decide to keep her "to see what she can do". Ugh. I definitely think she should have gone, but she wasn't even in the bottom two.

I agree that this season has some really talented folks. Lots of pretty designs last night.

murphy1
01-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I think Ping should bring one of those skeletons they use in anatomy classes to show us how the fabric moves around each part of it, haha.

PirateLover
01-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Well i don't agree with the elimination. I did think that Pamela's dress was dated- denim has been out for almost a decade- the jusges said themselves that it was well made. The other dress by Jesus not only looked ugly, but was poorly constructed.

Ping is crazy but she doesn't bother me as much as previous contestants ( like "kooky" "It turns me on" Vincent... remember him?)

murphy1
01-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Vincent, oy!! What about out of the world Elisa who spit on all the fabric

murphy1
02-05-2010, 10:30 AM
That guy that got kicked off last night should have gone, this is the weeding out phase right now. I have noticed in fashion, there are quite a few designers from the Middle East like Pnina Tornai and the girl that won the challenge last night. Sorry about not knowing the names, Ping is the only one I can even remember!

citizensnoopy
02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Glad that guy was eliminated --- I thought he should have gone last week instead of Ping. My favorite for now is Mila.

PirateLover
03-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Thoughts about the latest episode? I like Emilio, but I thought it was kind of ridiculous that his ill thought out, slapped together "bathing suit" got by over Jesse.

MegaDisney
03-07-2010, 09:18 AM
The wrong person went home IMHO.

That "bikini" was horrid! :ack::ack:

Melanie
03-07-2010, 09:45 AM
The wrong person went home IMHO.

That "bikini" was horrid! :ack::ack:

I totally agree. I was shocked!

TheDuckRocks
03-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm drawing a complete blank on the name of the guy who won this week. His design was amazing!!! I just wish we would have seen more about how he got the trash bags to look so good. He said something about masking tape but when they were in the hardware store I noticed he had what looked like duck tape. Just wondering......not planning on making any TB garments in the future.:D

PirateLover
03-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm drawing a complete blank on the name of the guy who won this week. His design was amazing!!! I just wish we would have seen more about how he got the trash bags to look so good. He said something about masking tape but when they were in the hardware store I noticed he had what looked like duck tape. Just wondering......not planning on making any TB garments in the future.:D
Jay!!! I agree, they should've spent more time showing his craftsmanship rather than Emilio's lack-thereof.

TheDuckRocks
03-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Jay!!! I agree, they should've spent more time showing his craftsmanship rather than Emilio's lack-thereof.

Good Havens! As my name is Kay you'd think I could remember Jay.

murphy1
03-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Just catching up on PR. I couldn't believe Jessie got sent home, that was insane. Jay is one of my favorite designers, he will do well as he keeps going. And last night, I was loving that gorgeous black leather jacket that Seth made, that was incredible, it would take me a month to do that! I don't know what possessed Ben to make a suit, that gets a lot of people auf'd. I liked Jessie, but I feel that he is still pretty immature the more I saw of him. I wish I could have been on the show where they made the girl's outfits, that's more fun than making grown up clothes.

PirateLover
03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
I think the right person was sent home this week. Amy has some unique ideas but I didn't get how her outfit represented the Upper East Side at all. I don't think anyone who lives there would be caught dead wearing that design.

Something really has me intrigued about Fashion week. I may have posted it earlier in the thread but I'm too lazy to look, and as time goes on it gets more interesting.

:spoiler:
Maya did not show at Fashion Week. Every season they have decoy designers to combat leaks/spoilers for who makes the finale. This year Fashion Week occured very early in terms of the airing of the show, and EVERY designer who was still on the show at the time had a collection, except Maya. At that point there were 10 designers or so. Everyone assumed that she'd be the next to be eliminated, and she wasn't, and now she's made it through even more rounds. I'm curious to finally get the scoop on why she didn't show, and it's kind of a bummer to already know she doesn't make the finale. :spoiler:

PirateLover
03-27-2010, 08:42 AM
I was not too happy with the results on this week's episode. First of all, Emilio did not deserve the win. I could not believe the judges' praise for his print, and the comment that it could be done in all different colors and styles... umm... hello supposed fashion experts! Ever heard of a line called " Stephen Sprouse for Louis Vuitton"? It's the same exact thing practically.
Seth Aaron deserved the win.

As for the auf... I did get what the judges were saying about Anthony. He definitely has a go to silhouette/aesthetic but Mila's creation was just abysmal!!!!

PirateLover
04-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Wow the judges really fawn all over Emilio. While I DO think he had the best design this week, I can't stand his arrogance, and as I said before I think he had some undeserved wins. I'm hoping Seth Aaron wins. Mila also bugs me. The disappointment on her face was so evident when Heidi announced that Jay was also "in."

TheDuckRocks
04-10-2010, 07:15 PM
At this point I'm at "anybody but Mila"! I think the 3 guys have all had amazingly beautiful garments at times and I would like to see how they would all work up a collection. Mila is just too limited in her style and coloring blocking is something that runs very hot and cold in popularity. Well, I guess now we are at the wait and see stage. I'm just hoping we know who wins before I go to WDW in 2 weeks.