PDA

View Full Version : WDW with an infant - planning list?

dumbo_buddy
12-16-2009, 06:20 PM
hi all! dh and i are going to wdw the last week of january with our son who will be 7 months at the time! i am so excited! (read: nervous!)

does anyone know of a good packing/planning list for disney with an infant? ds is bf'd so bottles are not needed but other than that, what goes on the list??

thanks everyone!:mickey:

Dyanna
12-16-2009, 06:33 PM
We sent a box to the hotel for day of arrival with just about everything they needed. Diapers, jar food, wipes, stroller rain cover. Even snacks & juice for the older kids. Anything you would pack for a local trip you should consider for the Disney trip. The only thing we wound up coming back with is 1 sleeve of diapers.

wdw_bound
12-16-2009, 08:19 PM
We took DS at 10 mos. The smartest thing we did was take both his stroller and the Bjorn carrier. I was able to enjoy many of the rides knowing he was securely attached.

One thing that I remember for the WDW trip (because I had forgotten it everywhere else up to that point) was a plastic pitcher for his bath - to rinse him off.

One day, I also forget the sunscreen in the room and ended up paying big $$$ at the Emporium.

Depending on how much hair your little guy has, you might want to consider a first haircut at the MK Barber Shop - they make it a very special event.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

kakn7294
12-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Even though your baby is bf, you might want to consider taking 1 small bottle so that you can give a bit of water now and again if the weather happens to be unseasonably warm. We took a few favorite small toys - some went to the parks to entertain in line. We also took a couple of favorite blankets, a nightlight, food / snacks, diapers & wipes, and plenty of clothes. When my sister took her kids, she was shy about feeding in public so she always covered with a lightweight blanket - she also took a small hand-held fan to keep herself and baby cool on hot days.

Santuitman
12-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Don't forget tylenol, or motrin or whatever else you use. I may be hard to find the infant size/dose of these.
Oh and a baby sise thermometer too.
Also make use of the infant centers when you are there. We haven't been in one lately but they were spacious places to do changes and the on in Epcot had a place with chairs and rockers where you could just sit and relax for a bit.
We took both of our boys when they were small and it was lots of fun!

Joannelet
12-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Depending on how long you stay we bring 100 pack of diapers for a 10 day trip (we have leftovers), washcloths and a bath towel (I never use their washcloths or towels on babies skin). Sunscreen is a must! Baby tylenol, disposable bibs (my son was on food at 7 months with bf), I bought all his food jars with me as well. They do sell them in the baby centers so if you accidentally dont bring enough you can still get them). A sippy cup for water/or bottle. I also am a germaphobe so I bring his highchair cover with me.
On our last trip I forgot and I really needed it was a stroller cover for the rain :( I definitely recommend that!!!
If you have it, it probably won't rain but I really regretted not thinking about bringing it because it poured for 2 days while we were there. (they do not sell these..we even went to Walmart and they didnt' have them.
I bring a night light for the room, his hairbrush, lotion, creams anything I use after bath or during a diaper change.
I have his stroller with us when I go so that way I load up his stoller in the morning with all the stuff he will need during the day. It helps.
The baby centers are WONDERFUL and I highly recommend them. They have bf rooms for you as well where you can get some peace and quiet while he eats :)
Oh and we bought disposable place mats also for the tables in the restaurants.
don't forget baby wipes (I usually bring a refillable pack with one small wipe box to stick in his diaper bag.
If you are going soon I always bring a baby blanket with us to put on him when it gets cool at night.
Bring LINKS for his toys to attach to the stoller so that he doesn't throw them out of his stoller without you knowing. :) (bring toys that can attach to them)
Hope this helps!

peemagg
12-17-2009, 01:19 PM
I second bringing a carrier like a baby BJorn or similar. They are great for the buses too. It was great having the babies attached to us on the buses. It felt much safer than just holding them.

Ours even napped a few times in them.

dumbo_buddy
12-17-2009, 08:11 PM
WONDERFUL advice. thank you!!!

iheartdisney
12-19-2009, 09:30 AM
So glad to hear you're bf-ing! I went when my son was about that age and the best advice I can give to you is scope out the childcare centers in every park and make it a point to stop each time you're there. If you've forgotten anything or are running low, they have it. Plus, as someone else mentioned, they have quiet, relaxing (sometimes private) areas to nurse. And I found their changing facilities much nicer than having to juggle it all in a public bathroom. Have a wonderful time! I know you will!

dumbo_buddy
12-19-2009, 09:50 AM
So glad to hear you're bf-ing! I went when my son was about that age and the best advice I can give to you is scope out the childcare centers in every park and make it a point to stop each time you're there. If you've forgotten anything or are running low, they have it. Plus, as someone else mentioned, they have quiet, relaxing (sometimes private) areas to nurse. And I found their changing facilities much nicer than having to juggle it all in a public bathroom. Have a wonderful time! I know you will!

thanks! i knew there were baby centers (went in one when we were there last when i was pregnant and needed some tylenol). i scoped them out and they were really nice. one thing i didn't realize is how important the QUIET in there would be! DS is soooo nosy now and bf'ing him requires going into a quiet place so he can't look around at anything!

passholderryan
12-19-2009, 12:39 PM
My wife and I just got back yesterday after spending three days there with a 10 week old. It was his first trip there and we definetly overpacked. My wife and I go up about every 6 weeks and this time was way different, in a good way. Just to give you an idea, she made a 6, yes 6 page packing list just for out son. I modified it quite a bit (did we really need 12 bibs??!!!!!)
The one thing I would recommend the most is the infant sunscreen. Even if it is cool out with an overcast, the suns rays will still burn. When we went to the parks, we limited our baby bag and only included the essential, diapers, wipes, food and extra clothes. I would also get a rain poncho. We had rain, and covered the stroller (he slept like a baby in there and it kept him a little insulated.
Most of the hotels will give you a crib with bedding. We went ahead and brought our own crib sheet to cover thiers.
Although our boy is now staring at things, especially the lights, it was truely incredible to see the look on his face when he became excited. We will be back in about 4 weeks and will probably not pack near as much. I figure worst comes to worst, we can pick up whatever we need.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-20-2009, 01:38 AM
A light colored blanket or towel for the baby's stroller if it's a dark color. That way the baby won't be overheated by the stroller sitting in the sun.

dumbo_buddy
12-21-2009, 07:10 AM
i plan on bringing warm clothes for him. last time dh and i were at WDW in january it was chilly and we wore fleeces.