PDA

View Full Version : The Fab 4 Female Veterans - Day 4 Nov 17-28,'09

mickeymousedabomb
12-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Our cast consists of:

Me: mickeymousedabomb (Marcy, 30ish::blush:)
Grammie: Mickeydream (Linda, 50ish:secret:)
DD1: Katina (13:princess:)
DD2: AJ (7:princess:)

Well, today is an early start to the morning again………5:30am Stitch wakes me up! We are all out waiting for the bus at 7 no longer than 10 min and then we’re off to AK! We have b’fast reservations at Donald’s Safari Breakfast at 8am. This, Grammie will tell you, is her favorite place to eat. It’s not just the food and their delicious juice, but the way the ceiling is with the swaggered cloths, the "Jambo" welcome, and the baskets and dark woods just like being in an African village…beautifully done this restaurant is! Katina and Grammie try out some of the Swahili words posted on the wall near our table. We love the selection of food and the characters are so much fun. We get to eat b’fast here on our second visit also.

The park hours are from 9-5 today so we will make a day of AK. This is the park Katina picked to celebrate her birthday at, which was Oct. 20th (exactly 1 month ago). So after b’fast we exit the restaurant and we are directly in front of the Kilimanjaro Safari ride and the Exploration Trail. We wait about 5 minutes for the official rope drop into the park and we b-line for the safari. We get on the first jeep of the day. Our driver is a very good bush whacker and quite informative. On this ride we see the lion perfectly; he is up walking around and getting swatted at by the lioness. This is very cool to see so close. Katina gives our driver a little card that said something like: “Thank you for doing such a great job. You made my 13th birthday special here at AK!” The CM really liked that a lot! We then go on the jungle trek and then to Rafiki’s Planet Watch and observe surgery on a small bird that had been attacked by a hawk. Interesting to watch.
Katina and I ride EE while Grammie and AJ check out Dinoland. AJ has decided that she loves Primeval Whirl which they share with a lone rider. :coaster:We see the Lion King show getting in a little late (we catch this show again another day). We eat lunch at Flame Tree with perfect seats in one of the little huts on the water, with the ducks of course, LOL! Flame Tree has very good food. I know Grammie and I had the pulled pork sand as for the girls, I don’t remember.

After lunch we make our way to Finding Nemo. We had to sit in the farthest section back like in the bleachers, very bad seats! We love this musical; on our second visit we have excellent seats in the middle. So back to do things throughout the park we want to do again and make our way toward the exit right around 5 as the park is closing.

Our dinner ressie is at WCC for 7:30pm. Katina chose this restaurant for her b’day dinner because we have eaten here before and always have a fun time. We are a little early, so we wander around Wildness Lodge looking for Hidden Mickey’s and check out the decorations on the enormous tree. We get called in a few minutes early and are seated at a perfect table. Our waitress is great and makes our dinner there very fun. AJ ends up with her fork taped to her hand and Katina has the giant fork to hold. The girls participate in the games and Katina even gets to lead the group in the pony ride. She is a bit embarrassed, but plays along. When it is time for her b’day song, our waitress makes Katina stand and sing the “me” in “Happy birthday to….” Boy, was she red!! :-o I can’t remember what everyone had, but Katina had the steak and enjoyed it. After dinner we catch the Electric Water Parade as we are waiting to take the ferry back to MK. This was our plan and the timing was perfect. This is a first for us and it was great.

Exhausted, but happy we make our way back to POP and are asleep by 11:00.

Next up: Epcot with b’fast at Akershus, lunch at San Angel and dinner at Biergarten!!

faline
12-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Certainly, a wonderful birthday celebration though, personally, I could have done without all the attention around the birthday song! :blush: I'd certainly be red too!

pdrlkr
12-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Cindysprince
12-18-2009, 10:11 PM
We also like to eat at the Tusker House. The kids always find something to eat, even our picky eater. I think we might make those thank you cards for our next visit, sounds like a nice touch and a good family project. :mickey: Thanks for the report and we look forward to more reports.