PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Released Flights Through 8/13

KylesMom
12-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Southwest just released dates for travel through August 13th.

I checked for round-trip from Chicago & found it interesting that they are priced exactly the same as American right now. I think I'll wait a bit to book!

massachusetts
12-16-2009, 11:17 AM
SW just opened up flights through 8/13.

wilcat
12-16-2009, 12:16 PM
I got a ding this morning and I have to say I am quite dissapointed in the prices. The flight I need almost doubled in price from what it was thru May. I may have to look else where for my flights or wait until after the new year to see if Southwest relaxes the pricing.

MarkC
12-16-2009, 04:10 PM
I think this is pretty typical for Southwest the last few years. When their new schedule is released there are really no good deals out there. You need to wait for the sales that normally occur in early January for spring travel. We're looking at going to the Boston area in June so we're looking for deals as well. They will be there but you have to be ready to jump on them when they occur. Mark

BigRedDad
12-17-2009, 07:13 AM
I am finding SW to have fewer deals than before. I guess the reason is they typically have the lower price and don't charge for bags. They have no other incentive to offer lower fares.

I am still hoping for a discount on our return flight. They are still $117 and above.

PetefromRI
12-17-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm also finding their prices a little high but still lower than most and no baggage fees.We only use carry-ons so that's not an issue.I'll be waiting a bit also before I jump.

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-20-2009, 09:14 PM
I think it's all a matter of waiting for the right time.
We've been watching fares for our trip next month for quite a while.
Friday I noticed a drop, by making a one day change in our planned check-out date I was able to get what seemed to me to be a pretty good deal.:thumbsup:

I really wasn't looking forward to making the drive from northern IL to WDW in January...;)

And we get to stay an extra day as a bonus. :D

LudwigVonDrake
12-29-2009, 01:42 PM
I priced out a round trip for July and it's the same price that I paid when I bought tickets last March. I think I'll wait until after New Years and then book.

Genie1953
12-29-2009, 11:10 PM
We purchased our Southwest tickets on October 23 for our April trip at a cost of $316 for each round trip ticket. I have been checking the fares for those flights every day and on December 5th they dropped to $246 per round trip ticket so I called and got the lower price applied. Then on 12/24 they dropped to $205 per round trip ticket...again I called and got the lower price applied. Then finally this past Sunday (12/27) I noticed that if I switched to a flight going out the next day at around the same time there was an even bigger savings so we decided to stay an extra night and called to make the change. The cost of our round trip tickets are now down to $165 each. Obviously we do not have these savings in hand but we do have $302 worth of Southwest credit to use on a future flight between now and October 23. I must say that the Southwest employees that I have talked to each time I have called in to make the changes have been just great. For some reason the Southwest website would not allow me to make the changes myself. A couple of the price reductions were web-ony prices...but the Southwest employees were able to secure the lower prices for me anyway....even though they were supposed web-only prices. I will definitely stick with Southwest.....and no luggage charges for the first 2 pieces of luggage is an added bonus.

Genie1953
12-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I noticed today that the prices for our flights are now beginning to creep back up. Looks like my frequent checking and price adjustments (see previous post) have paid off. I bet they won't go any lower now. Am so glad I did all that checking and calling in to Southwest to get the price adjustments applied.