PDA

View Full Version : WL : Is the boat to MK really efficient ?

fielin
12-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Hi,

I have finally decided to stay at the Wilderness Lodge Resort, and I am wondering if the boat to MK really is more efficient than the bus ?

Is it really useful, or just a little fun ride that you will do once, and then soon avoid ?

KylesMom
12-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Well, it's so efficient that we've never felt the need to get on a bus in our four stays there . . . :D

Seriously, it's quick, it's easy and it's fun. Did I mention it's quick? :mickey:

Gregandmel
12-15-2009, 05:11 PM
We stayed at WL last October and LOVED the boat to MK. We never used the bus transport over to the MK because we loved the boat so much. Very quick and efficient - never much of a wait for the boat either coming or going! Enjoy!:mickey:

retiredfigment
12-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Just spent a week at WL and accept for the day the water was really rough, we took the ferry to MK. We even took it to MK when we were going to Epcot. Just went from ferry to monorail.

fielin
12-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Just spent a week at WL and accept for the day the water was really rough, we took the ferry to MK. We even took it to MK when we were going to Epcot. Just went from ferry to monorail.

That's exactly what I plan on doing ! :)

I suddenly had a doubt while reading a review on another website that stated that the boat was very slow and that it wasn't worth trying it over the bus.

BluewaterBrad
12-15-2009, 06:01 PM
We have stayed there two times with DVC members. The boat was the only way to go in my opinion.:mickey:

BigRedDad
12-15-2009, 06:07 PM
If you take the bus, you stop at FW and possibly Poly and GF (I don't know why they sometimes don't use the monorail). The boat is extremely efficient. It is relaxing, quick, and gets you right at the entrance.

thumperbug
12-15-2009, 06:40 PM
The boats from WL do not stop at WL or Poly. We have only used the boats when staying at WL. Sometimes we take the boat over to Contemporary and take monorail to Epcot from there. There are 2 different boat launches from WL.

wildernesslady
12-15-2009, 06:49 PM
We have only taken the boats. It's very relaxing.

Hammer
12-15-2009, 08:21 PM
I do a combination when I stay at Wilderness Lodge. I take the boat to the Magic Kingdom, but take the bus back. When returning, the line for the boat is usually long and every time I've taken the the bus, there is very little in the way of a line and I am back to the resort in less than 10 minutes every time (the Lodge is first stop, then goes to the campground).

Bass T-bone
12-15-2009, 09:43 PM
I would definitely take the boat over the bus any day. I'm not sure which would be faster. The difference can't be much.

pox24
12-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Park the bus, take the canoles!

Bass T-bone
12-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Park the bus, take the canoles!

What is a canoles? I can't find that word in the dictionary.

BigThunderFan
12-16-2009, 05:08 PM
What is a canoles? I can't find that word in the dictionary.

It's a Godfather reference. I loved it pox24!