PDA

View Full Version : Sell me on the Garden Grill

Lynn J Mc
12-15-2009, 01:23 PM
We have never eaten here in all our trips to DW. This time I am slow in making ADRs and can't get our usual spots. This was open and I thought why not? Any recent reviews?

mouseketeer mom
12-15-2009, 03:18 PM
We love the Garden Grill. Love, love, love it. It is a family style meal served in a slowly rotating restaurant over scenes of the Living with the Land ride. We find the food incredibly fresh and delicious. Flank steak, potatoes, veggies, and usually the best peppered catfish, but sadly that was no longer on the menu at our last visit. We love this place. And our server Cheryl, on our last visit, was absolutely hysterical. I think you'll be happy with this ADR!

ILoveMickey'77
12-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Garden Grill is one we always try to book and have a hard time getting in. As previous poster mentioned, the food is SOOO fresh and the atmosphere is great!

YUM!

jwildflower1981
12-15-2009, 03:49 PM
:ditto:
We love it too. Even when we didn't have kids its one of our MUST book places.

KylesMom
12-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Although we've never eaten dinner here, we used to eat lunch each trip at the Garden Grill. Sadly they no longer serve lunch, but we never had a bad meal here. The characters were always out of this world and the food was served hot & fresh. We always felt that it was a great restaurant. If everyone in my family wouldn't insist on dinner at LeCellier, we'd certainly put it in our dining rotation! :mickey:

DCDisney
12-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Ate there for lunch with just the honey and I. The food was amazing. The veggies were awesome. When Mickey came around I complimented him on his garden and the veggies he grew. We ate so much there (at a meal around 11:30am) that we didn't eat again until back at the hotel in the late evening. It is completely worth the time and $$$.

fielin
12-15-2009, 05:42 PM
All of the above is true, and don't forget... You get to meet Chip & Dale who are generally a lot of fun to interact with !

BigRedDad
12-15-2009, 06:16 PM
My experience may be different than others, but it was an unenjoyable meal. There was nothing wrong with the food or drinks. We were a party of 5, put in a table far too small. We asked to move to a table with more room and they do not exist. We were really squished in like sardines, our waitress was quite slow. We were told that our DD2 had to stay in the seat to interact with the characters. SO, she had to stand on the seat, time with the characters was barely enough to get a camera up.

I would chalk our experience up to a bad day there. Because of it, we will not eat there again. It is not worth $150 to see if we have a better experience. That was our first and last time eating there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-15-2009, 10:05 PM
We've eaten there twice, and had a great experience both times.

The food is yummy, served hot, and quick with second helpings of anything we need, they even brought us a bowl of mac and cheese when DD requested it as an addition to the adult food.

We've had excellent character interaction, during our last meal we saw :chip: and :dale: so often and for so long, it was hard getting DD to eat. But, we didn't get rushed and were able to linger as long as we needed. We have some super cute pictures from that meal!

This has made it onto our must-do list for every trip and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! :mickey:

luvkatiebug
12-16-2009, 09:11 AM
We love this place. We have always done the character meal there, which I think has changed since the last time we went, but the food was delicious too. The flank steak was great and so was the catfish (and we eat that often here is Louisiana). I think you'll love it; besides, its just plain cool eating in a revolving restaurant! :mickey:

MongoMil
12-16-2009, 03:33 PM
We just went a couple of weeks ago and I would return. The CM's were great as always for us. The food was good IMO. The flank steak was our favorite and then the turkey. None of us are fish eaters but I tried it and I though it was OK. Its all you can eat. All three things come out on one plate and then if you want more just let them know of what and its right there for you. We had wonderfull character interaction. We got to see :mickey2::chipdale: and :pluto: and more than once they just kept comming by it was great. Micky jumped in the both with my son on one pass. LOL it actually scared him pretty good at first but all was good once he realized what was happening. One thing we did was eat pretty slow so we could go all the way around the rotation. We still didn't quite make it all the way but real close. We just walked out the way we didn't see.

jnfr2424
12-16-2009, 05:24 PM
We ate there for our Candlelight Package Dinner recently and we all loved it. We were a party of 6 and we had a great time! Our CM was Chris and he was amazing! Made sure the food came out was nice a hot he also gave us extra in the kids meal so that the adults could have that as well. Even at the end of our meal he gave us our coffee to go while we stood in line for the Candlelight Show. Ditto on what everyone else is posting on the food and even though it was pricey (because of the pkg - $271) we would definately do it again! One thing by the time we got to one rotation they did start to rush us

sorcerer fan
12-16-2009, 10:10 PM
up till last week i'd never eaten there either. the food was good and the wait staff was great. we are an older couple that go by ourselves and the characters all stopped by to get pictures with. the food and fish, I am a fish lover, were good, i had seconds of the fish and veggies. and it is cool at a rotating resturant. you don't even realize its turning unless you reallly concentrate. you won't go wrong with eating here.

Eponine
12-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Went there for the first time on 11/14 and we loved it!!! What a gem of a restaurant.

I was looking for a "quiet' character meal for me and my boyfriend and it was perfect. The food was great and the atomosphere was fun.

I didn't not feel rushed at all. You will love it!

Belle_0717
12-17-2009, 02:11 PM
DH & I took nephew on 11/15. We had an opposite experience.

The server was okay. He rushed us through. The portion for the initial service was small. The veggies were still raw. The meat was too rare for my pregnant self. The turkey was dry but the stuffing was good. The dessert was bitter.

We liked the character interaction but for the price it wasn't worth the money.

Ropachs
12-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Best character interaction we've had yet, both in antics and in length of time they spent with us. We were a party of 6 last time and did not feel crowded. We all enjoyed the food as well. We'll probably eat here every trip from now on.

Genie1953
12-20-2009, 02:07 PM
We ate there in 2005 and thoroughly enjoyed it! The food was great and there was plenty of it. The character interaction was great....especially with Chip and Dale. We are heading to the world in April and I made sure that we have a reservation for Garden Grill this time too.

jonahbear2006
12-21-2009, 10:28 AM
have never been able to get in here. :-(
its rotating and i think that is really neat. everyone i know that goes to disney regularly loves this restaurant. i cant wait to try it someday.