PDA

View Full Version : Best Vegetarian Options?

Scotcelebrity
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi there!

My husband and I are planning our next trip to WDW and need some input. This will be our first time there as Vegetarians and want to see if anyone has any ideas for the best dining options? Thanks

SBETigg
12-14-2009, 08:30 PM
The Animal Kingdom Lodge has outstanding choices for vegetarians: Boma, Sanaa, and Jiko.

But don't consider yourselves limited. Most WDW restaurant menus have at least one vegetarian option. I know San Angel Inn, Chefs de France, Rose and Crown, and even Victoria and Albert's have some vegetarian selections. Think about where you might like to eat and look over some menus.

artyboy
12-14-2009, 08:45 PM
I agree with SBETigg...all of the restaurants seem to have vegetarian fare.

I am not a vegetarian, but tend to try as many different things to eat while on vacation...and I'm constantly amazed at how good the selections are at WDW.

That said, the Thai curry noodle bowl with coconut tofu at Brown Derby is fantastic!

starryeyes21
12-15-2009, 06:52 AM
I have traveled as a vegetarian to WDW several times and am always able to find something to eat. All Disney sit-down restaurants offer one vegan entree. I was told this on my last trip by a very nice waitress from the Liberty Tree Tavern.

Vegan, obviously, also means vegetarian. There are several counter service locations that serve the standard veggie burger in a pinch, but there is a lot more to eat than just that. My favorite counter service location is the Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.

There is so much to choose from ad it seems that healthy fare is becoming the norm rather than the exception. If you are interested there is a book called the Vegetarian Walt Disney World and Greater Orlando. It is a great resource.