PDA

View Full Version : Poly people - please help!

tsantillo
12-14-2009, 04:11 PM
I am planning a visit to the Poly for Nov 2010 for myself and my mom. She's dreamed of staying here since bringing me to the "world" throughout the 70's. I want this trip to be as perfect as possible because it's probably the only time we'll be able to stay there.:cloud9:

Here's my dilemma::confused:

Do we book garden view so we can stay longer and hope to not get a parking lot view?

Do we book lagoon view for fewer nights knowing that we can watch Wishes from the beach?

Or do we go for it and book MK view so we can watch Wishes from our room?

Additional info: We'll probably have season passes or at least park hoppers so we can come and go at the parks. We plan on spending plenty of time at the resort since we've "been there, done that" at the parks.

Any advice would be appeciated.:mickey:

diz_girl
12-14-2009, 04:44 PM
I'd recommend a Garden View Room and stay longer. Tokelau is a great building to stay in and you are nowhere near a parking lot. The beach was a a very short walk away, so we just liked to walk to the beach and watch Wishes. During our last stay at the Poly we stayed in room 2919 in the Tokelau building. We actually had a partial lagoon view and could see both the Contemporary and Space Mountain from our balcony. Tokelau has the largest rooms at the resort and is centrally-located, so you are close to everything, including the TTC and frequent hopping to EPCOT.

By the way - Welcome to Intercot!

cather74
12-14-2009, 05:12 PM
I agree about Tokelau. Great view and close to the beach and bothe monorails. Stay as long as possible!!!!:cloud9:

mouseketeer mom
12-14-2009, 06:21 PM
We always stay lagoon view Club level, so we can watch the castle and wishes from our room. That being said, understand after staying like that at the Poly, its hard to stay any other way. Its supreme. However, If I didn't stay that way to begin with, I would absolutely go with the garden view and stay longer. The Poly is just beautiful everywhere. I feel like its one of those places where its difficult to go wrong.

SBETigg
12-14-2009, 07:57 PM
The garden views are lovely, and if it will take days off your trip to upgrade view, I don't think it's worth it. You can get some fantastic views with the garden view rate. We were in Rarotonga with a view of the quiet pool and we could even see some fireworks and the top of Space Mountain (though we usually watched fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach). Yes, having the MK or lagoon view is pretty special, but not worth losing days to your stay.

DisneyBarb
12-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I would personally want to stay longer.. (and its never long enough anyways...). We have stayed many times and gotten a garden view.. We had 1 view that was the monorail and facing the parking lot, however with all the shrubbery etc you could not see the parking lot (we were on the 1st floor) and thought the view was quite nice.

Wishes is only a short walk away to the beach no matter where you are...

Hope this helps!

DisneyorBust
12-15-2009, 07:09 AM
I agree with the previus posts, I would choose a garden view room and stay as long as possible!
The Tokelau longhouse is an excellent choice as others have mentioned. You didn't say whne in November you plan to travel, my guess is that the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving would be less busy and would decrease your chances of a parking lot view.
Remember to check out Tikiman's site.:thumbsup:

mom2morgan
12-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I can't afford the Poly - hope one of my daughter's will take me there sometime! But seriously - I'd always pick more days over less, even if it meant a bit of a sacrifice of the view. After all, wherever your room is you can always walk to the other areas, such as to see Wishes from the beach!

sisterslovindisney
12-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Another option is to look at club level. Garden view club level is not much more than lagoon view. At club level you have the benefit of being able to save a lot of money on meals (we eat every breakfast, most dinners, and evening snacks in the club lounge) and you can sit in the club lounge every evening and watch Wishes while snacking on fabulous desserts! :cloud9:I would really suggest talking to Magical Journeys..they can price out all of the options for you!

PetefromRI
12-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Just get the GV Room and walk to the beach.I don't think that it's worth 100.00+ more per night to have a lagoon or MK view unless you have the extra money and don't care about spending it.The Poly has been around almost 40 years now so the floral growth and palms block most of the unsightly views.Just make sure that you request a patio or balcony if thats important to you because some rooms have neither.Oh,and one more thing,TONGA TOAST at Captain Cooks!!!!!!Welcome to Intercot!

milhouse
12-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Just spent a week in the Samoa longhouse overlooking the Volcano pool and a great view of the Grand Floridian. It was fantastic. Always take an extra day if you can so you don't feel rushed.

Eponine
12-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Stay longer in a gardenview room. I just got back this past Nov and we had Tokelau. It was perfect. I highly doubt you will end up with a "bad" view at any of the buildings.

I'm all set to go back next Nov (12-20) and I am requesting Nieu this time (just want to be a little closer to the GCH) but Tokelau is in a perfect location also. None of the building are too far from anything.

An added benefit I love about the Poly is that you can walk to the TTC to catch the express monorail to EPCOT.

tsantillo
12-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks, everyone! This gives me something to think about and discuss with mom. I wish I didn't have to care about the expense, but I know we will have an amazing time either way.:mickey: