PDA

View Full Version : Birthday at Contemporary

Dare To Dream
12-14-2009, 02:09 PM
We will be at the Contemporary for my DD's 21st BD just before New Year's. I tried calling the hotel to see if they can put balloons or anything in the room for her birthday. I was told "NO - call the florist". We have already arranged something through the florist for the park but would like to do something in the room. Does anyone know if there is a different number to call to do this without going through the florist?
I am making a banner and would love to get that hung.
Thank you in advance!!!

TammiMcMan
12-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Well, it sounds like you spoke to someone in the call center, as that's where resort phone calls are directed. What they told you is basically true. The Disney florist handles balloon bouquets and most times, everything is delivered to your room on the day you request it (after you check-in, if it's your arrival day). They can also decorate your room, but you have to buy one of their decoration packages, which is quite costly.

If you don't want to go through the florist, you can ask at the concierge desk in the lobby, to have a balloon sent up to the room. It's complimentary and sometimes they'll include a card signed by a favorite character, but there's no guarantee they can fulfill your request or deliver it on a specific day. Unless you're staying on the club level, personal services like hanging a banner in your room is not typically offered. Another option is to call and speak with someone in private dining (aka room service). You can arrange a birthday cake and decorated table delivered to your room. They usually don't need any more than 24 hours notice, so if you don't call before you leave home, you can call them from your hotel room.

WedWay Peoplemover
12-14-2009, 03:48 PM
pretty sure the florist handles anything along those lines...

or... you could pull the old "wait right here at the bar" for a few minutes while you run up to the room and hang the banner routine..

Dare To Dream
12-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. After 21 years my DD has pretty much figured out all of my tricks. I will call the florist to see what they can do for our room. They are delivering a crown to her at breakfast on her BD (the 30th) at Donald's Breakfast in the AK.
One thing my DD doesn't know is that we are going to do the AK backstage on New Year's Day. She volunteers at our zoo working with the organg's and silver backs and is majoring in Physical Anthropology - Primatology. She loves AK and has always wanted to do the backstage tour. I have at least one surprise up my sleeve. ;)

TammiMcMan
12-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Have a great time on the tour. My husband and I took it a few years ago, at about the same time of year. I do remember it being very cold and we actually got to see the elephants still behind the scenes because it hadn't warmed up enough to bring them out to the savannah. Very, very interesting and just a wonderful experience all around.