PDA

View Full Version : Trail's End Buffet vs. Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review

Goes4FastPass
12-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Anybody got anything good to say about the Trail's End Buffet at Fort Wilderness?

Here's the thing: Reviews of HDDR seem to often include, "Yum, yum, eat 'me up lots of good food! and reviews of TrEnd seem to often include, "Yuck, bad food!"

Yet they are the SAME building and the menu for Trail's End includes the signature entrees from HDDR, smoked pork ribs and fried chicken along with
Soup of the day/chili
Salad bar
Peel-and-eat shrimp
Hand-carved roasted meats
Fresh catch of the day
Pasta & pizza
Selection of vegetables
House made fruit cobbler
Non-alcoholic beverage

I've been to the HDDR and I know what the show is from beginning to end. I also know 4 adults & 1 child at HDDR category1 is $270.95 and the 4a,1c at Trail's End during dinner is $95.95. I'm not sure I'm $175 excited about the entertainment...

...and don't we think smoked pork ribs and fried chicken at both places in the same building means it all comes from the same kitchen?

Belster
12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
I think I may be burned at the steak her but....I went to HDDMR in October for the first time and I was not all that impressed. Not that it was not good food and entertainment but to me..not worth 2 credits.

Maybe it is better if you go with older children as my younger 2 had a very dificult time during the last half of the show.

I will not need to to HDDMR again. I feel bad for saying it because I know it is very highly spoken of here in Intercot...I feel so bad that I did not even review it in fear of being totally shot down. :mickey:

diz_girl
12-14-2009, 03:40 PM
We ate at Trail's End last year and all thought that the food was good. There were 10 of us in our party and no one was complaining. Unless the food has gone downhill in the past year, I'd eat there again.

mouseketeer mom
12-14-2009, 03:44 PM
We thought Trails End was a hidden gem! The food was absolutely fresh and delicious and the fried chicken was exactly the HDDR chicken. We loved the food here, and it was one of the least expensive meals our family of five has ever eaten at WDW. Worth it all, the salads, soups, hot foods, all super good! Skip the show and just get the dinner!!

DizneyRox
12-14-2009, 08:49 PM
For the most part the HDDR food can be had at Trails End. Although my last trip to TE wasn't as good as I remember it was still good and yummy. I'm not sure if the ribs are the same. They actually seemed more tender at TE than I remember them at HDDR. Chicken is the same.

I agree that $175 seems like an awful lot of entertainment. I guess if you wanted nobody would stop you from telling bad bear jokes and whooping it up with you napkin after dinner. You will need to supply your own washboard however.

mom2morgan
12-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Trail's End was the WORST meal we had at Disney. Which is to say - it was plentiful and it was edible, but not a thing we truly enjoyed. I've enver done HDDR, though. Funny story - and I know someone else on here did the same thing - my daughter took a BIG serving of ice cream only to discover it was some sort of sweet butter ;-)