PDA

View Full Version : Help! Landing in Orlando After DME Stops for the Day!!!

DZNYGUY
12-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Help everyone! I have a small situation that I was hoping you could help with!

My wife and I are flying in to Orlando this Friday evening. Since we both work, we are taking a flight after work and wont be landing until after 10:00pm. The DME does not run this late and I was wondering if anyone had a good idea on how to get to WDW that late at night. Help!

Thanks so much! :mickey:

coloradowendyl
12-14-2009, 01:33 PM
The Magic Express Buses run after 1o pm. You can take DME to your resort. The luggage delivery service to the resorts does not run after 10 pm. You would need to collect your luggage and bring it to DME yourself. Just be sure to that you do not put the yellow DME tags on your luggage or it will be pulled and you will not receive it until the next morning.

Wendy

Tick-Tock
12-14-2009, 02:05 PM
The Magic Express Buses run after 1o pm. You can take DME to your resort.

But you can only take DME if you've made a reservation.

faline
12-14-2009, 03:46 PM
We just had a late evening arrival a week and a half ago. DME runs 24/4. It's the luggage delivery that stops after 10 p.m. We simply took the additional step of going to the luggage carousel, getting our own luggage and bringing it to the bus with us.

As noted, you do need to have a reservation with Magical Express in order to use the service.

TheRustyScupper
12-14-2009, 08:51 PM
1) Check luggage normally, without using DME tags.
2) Take it from luggage belt yourself.
3) Walk luggage to DME location.
4) They will put you & luggage on a bus, van or taxi.
5) DME delivers you to resort 24/7.

Ed
12-14-2009, 09:13 PM
DME runs 24/4.

Actually, budget cuts haven't gotten quite that drastic yet - the 4-day work week hasn't kicked in yet. :nono:

;)

(DME runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.)

faline
12-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Actually, budget cuts haven't gotten quite that drastic yet - the 4-day work week hasn't kicked in yet. :nono:

;)

(DME runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.)

:blush: It's what I get for typing too quickly!!!!! I did actually mean it runs 24 hours a day - 7 days a week!

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-15-2009, 10:25 PM
:blush: It's what I get for typing too quickly!!!!! I did actually mean it runs 24 hours a day - 7 days a week!

And here I thought you were privy to some inside information...;)