12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Cast of Characters:

Me: Julie 40 Disney planner
DH: Fred 38 Good Sport
DD: Morgan 9
DD: Madison 8

Dates: Friday night 12-4 until Wednesday night 12-9

Resort: Pop Century

We take a evening flight out of Newark Liberty on Friday at 7pm. Jet Blue. Can I tell you all how much I love Jet Blue. Fred and the girls sit in one row, I am in the seat on the aisle right next to them. After an extremely busy day of house cleaning, carpooling, volunteering at school I am more than happy to sit down and relax! I plug in my headphones, break out the sandwiches I picked-up for everyone and watch some mindless TV and tune-out for a little while. About half way through the flight, which has been quite rough I might add, Fred is having a fit watching the weather channel in his seat. They are saying how horrible the weather is in Central Florida. Cold rains, stalled fronts, bad weather for days...blah, blah, blah. I smile and say, there is nothing I can do. Hoping for warm sunny skies, but hey, we will have to make the best of whatever comes our way. No cabin service on this flight, too rough... my girls do fine. We land 20 minutes late, collect our luggage trek across the entire airport to the Magic Express bus and in a few minutes we are off to the Pop. We were the first stop, and the girls were super excited when we arrived! The Pop was a nice surprise. The theming is so good. I did the online check-in, and that went effortless. So easy. I highly recommend doing it!
We get our packet, and are off to find the 80's building. Room 9470. It is raining, but not too hard. We of course take the long way, but we do find it. Our room is right next to the giant Sony Walkman and we have a nice view of the computer pool. It's about 11:15 at this point, and I did want to quickly unpack, get organized and go to bed. The girls wanted to check out the resort and watch Stacy. We agreed that it was late and Stacy for 15 minutes!! That's all I can handle...LOL!

Overall impressions for today: Magic Express was great, and although we had to get the luggage, it wasn't bad. We at least had the luggage !

Pop Century Resort for the price is great. Rooms are a little small, but you still get all the great Disney service and theming. Room was clean. Walls are a little thin, but it was nothing that would prevent us from returning to this resort.

Our flight had many cheerleaders for Pop Warner... Give me a D-I-S-N-E-Y!! LOL...

Coming up next... Saturday in the Magic Kingdom.
Julie:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Aww Julie, I've been waiting for your report! I've never taken an evening flight to MCO, glad to hear it worked out well, in spite of the rough spells in the air! Sounds like an effortless trip to your resort! Keep 'em coming!

BluewaterBrad
12-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Off to a good start!:mickey:

faline
12-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Pop is a fun resort! We wouldn't hesitate tot say again - just wish they offered larger beds!

pdrlkr
12-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Beach Club Babe
12-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Sorry you had such a rough flight, but it sounds like things really picked up from there. Can't wait to read more.