PDA

View Full Version : All Planned! - NOW What??

Goes4FastPass
12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Resort/MYW is booked.

ADRs made - I even have a confirmation for our golf cart rental...

...and the trip is 97 days away.

So what do I do about this trip for the next 3 months??

BMan62
12-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Hibernate? LOL

That is the part that I hate - the waiting once everything is planned and booked.

Keep visiting INTERCOT and read all the updates, reviews, rumors, etc.

tazlikesrobots
12-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the countdown :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Oh, just don't be like me. I tweak things up until the last minute. Its a disease, really. :blush:

BigRedDad
12-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Just enjoy the time. We are 81 days out. Nothing to really do except plan the finances, relax, watch NFL playoffs, do taxes, two birthdays before we go, watch NCAA basketball heat up.

Buttercup
12-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I have 6 weeks to go. I'm thinking of starting packing because I'm done everything else! :secret: But don't tell anyone - they'll think I'm crazy. :D

Patricia
12-14-2009, 07:31 PM
I know how you feel.. I wait till the last possible moment to book a room, then it's a huge let down not having to search resorts and decide where I want to stay.

Ah well.. maybe I'll get my tree decorated now.

Gator
12-14-2009, 08:19 PM
I know the feeling. Mostly, I waste time here on Intercot (though I wouldn't call it waste - but my wife would). I try talking friends into going with me during this time as well. Also, if you fly, keep checking the airline webpage to see if the price drops. You might be able to get a voucher for your next trip.

obsessive planner
12-15-2009, 05:15 PM
We are right there with you. We have 129 days until we leave. However, I now understand why so many trips are surprises for their kids. My three year old asks every day "are we going to Disney World today?" Next time will be a surprise! ;)

caryrae
12-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Maybe you could cancel that trip and start planning a new one.:D

rubato
12-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I have right under 6 weeks. At my 90 day mark, I had done so much research that it was a relief. Well, within 2 days, I was bored and back on here. I have tweaked my dining 3 times, found my next hotel, figured out that I'll go and run the marathon next time, and planned my dining for next time. Help, I am obsessed!!!!! I'm starting to worry that the actual experience might be a letdown. No, couldn't possibly!

To the OP, didn't you just get back within the last few months? I'm so jealous of having the next trip already booked!

andreallybadeggs
12-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Well I'm sure there are some grumps around you who would say "get a life" but many Intercotees would more likely say "start second guessing yourself".
Neither is particularly helpful so why not do some research and make yourself an expert on an interesting aspect of the man, the mouse, or the world? :mickey:

LVT
12-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Start a file of travel and Disney travel tips. It takes some thought to see what could work for you. I have found great tips on-line.

#1donaldfan
12-18-2009, 12:07 PM
...we are 185 days out and I'm chomping at the bit.....I wanna go NOW !!!!

PinKy
12-18-2009, 03:19 PM
That is the part that I hate - the waiting once everything is planned and booked.

me too!!!

:blush:

thumperbug
12-18-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm in the same waiting boat. 57 days until my trip. I could start packing but I think I will wait until after the new year. Got 2 holidays in the next 2 weeks to keep me distracted....for a little bit. Also getting a silly amount of snow this weekend so at least the shoveling will get me some exercise.

mouseketeer mom
12-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Maybe you could cancel that trip and start planning a new one.:D

:funny: Thats funny!

BigRedDad
12-19-2009, 05:47 AM
However, I now understand why so many trips are surprises for their kids. My three year old asks every day "are we going to Disney World today?" Next time will be a surprise! ;)

My 3yo is the same way. We chose not to tell her about the trip in March because she would ask every day. Concept of time does not exist. 1-hour and 6-months are the same thing.

ariel1014
12-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Our trip is about 30 days away and I plan on doing lots of reading here and dreaming! I even had to get out the luggage this weekend...I just couldn't wait!