PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Thanksgiving Mini Trip Part 3

Beach Club Babe
12-13-2009, 05:57 PM
After a great night's rest, we are all up and raring to go. I still need to pick up some tickets, so I hop in the car and drive over to the Customs House. I decide on 1 day park hoppers for Ron, myself, and Emily. In no time I am back at the room picking up the gang. After some deliberation, we decide on Magic Kingdom 1st, and Epcot later.

We have decided this for a number of reasons.
1. There are no AM extra magic hours.
2. Space Mt. is finally open.
3. Ron is in desperate need of a haircut and the barbershop is calling to him.
4. I'm really in the mood for the Candlelight Processional
5. There are PM extra magic hours at Epcot.

Even though we are already to go and hope to make it in time for opening, we miss it by only a few minutes. Once through the gate, I still have a day left on a stroller rental for Emily. This will be the very last time we will be renting a stroller for her. Time has flown by so quickly, it seems like she was Hallie's age, making her 1st trip and sleeping through everything, even the loudest of shows!

Stroller in hand, we say goodbye to Ron as he is headed for the barbershop. The rest of us head into Tomorrowland to gather fastpasses for Space Mt. With those in hand, we board the TTA or Peoplemover, whatever it is called these days. I am sure it will be a disappointment with the changes, and I am right. No one is more bummed out than Courtney! Next up we take on the evil Emperor Zurg, where, as usual, Courtney cleans my clock.

We start through to Fantasyland, where Emily insists we take a ride on the Tea Cups since we did not get to this past summer. I reluctantly give in and we do not spin too fast. Straight through, Fantasyland, and on to the Haunted Mansion we go. When are finished, Ron is calling and we meet once again.

Next we stroll over to Frontierland, where we collect fastpasses for BTMR, which Emily cannot wait to ride. Splash is posting only a 10 minute wait. Courtney and I decide to ride. Then we have just enough time to walk right onto POTC, before Hallie is showing signs that it is time to eat. As is customary, we eat at Columbia Harbor House, and have our usual Anchors Aweigh sandwiches.

With everyone satisfied, we board the Jungle Cruise and have a completely mediocre skipper. No one is paying any attention to him, and he just gives up. Time to use those fp's for BTMR.

We have yet to use our original fp's for Space Mt., so we head there next. Unfortunately when we arrive, it has just gone down. We ride the TTA so that Ron can judge for himself. He does not like it either. The lights are on in Space Mt., so that is not a good sign. We take in a showing of Carousel of Progress, and then decide to go back to CBR for a short rest. We hope to return to ride Space Mt before heading to Epcot.

Part 4 is soon to come.

mouseketeer mom
12-13-2009, 08:52 PM
What are the changes to the TTA?? I haven't heard that. Thanks for reporting!

faline
12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Yes, I remember your reports when Emily was just a tiny tot! Hard to believe how big she is now!

We rode the Tomorrowland Transit Authority a couple of times last week. The new monologue is just that - boring! The old spiel was quite innovative and charming. Regardless of how enthuastic the new narrator sounds, it's not very interesting!

pdrlkr
12-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
12-14-2009, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
12-14-2009, 11:12 AM
You've got one busy day set up! I sure hope you're able to ride Space Mountain . . . it would really stink if you had to miss it again.

Although I try really hard not to judge the refurbs until I can experience them firsthand, I am already totally bummed about the TTA soundtrack. It is (or was) kind of our "family soundtrack" and we always seem to be quoting it around the house when we're in a Disney mood!

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the next report where we can hopefully hear about your SM ride and your trip to EPCOT! :mickey:

princessgirls
12-14-2009, 11:51 AM
So far a busy and productive day!

I did not like the changes to the TTA either. What was wrong with how it was???? NOTHING!!!

The new announcer voice is just there.

Julie:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
12-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I liked your reasoning for park choosing.:mickey:

DisneyorBust
12-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Sorry to read about your disappointment with the TTA, it is one of our favorite attractions and I don't want to lose it's status!
Looking forward to your evening in Epcot!