PDA

View Full Version : Pop

MongoMil
12-13-2009, 09:47 AM
We (DW,DD,DS and I) just returned from a 9 night stay. Boy what a nice hotel. We stayed in the 70's section building 6 4th floor room 17 hence room 6417. The view was ok. We could see the giant yoyo stairway and a little of the lake but the trees blocked off the majority of it. I requested the 4th floor so no one would be over us and the 70's section for the quietness. And it was nice and quiet. Um all except the toliet. We made an agreement that if we had to get up in the middle of the night to try not to flush it. It would wake up our boy just about every time. The Main building was close. It seemed closer than the prefered buildings. Only thing is no pool but that was fine because just to the left was the 60's pool and just to the right was the 90's pool. One thing with parking for the 70's section. It has its own section to park in but we found it easier and closer to just stay parked out front where we parked for check in. The lady at checkin actually told us to park in the 90's section but that was just as far as the 70's. The Disney Transportation was great for us. No wait over 15min. More than once we thought we was going to be standing there for quite a while then next thing you know they had an extra bus there. That just about cleared out the que lines. One last thing the Dining plan was well worth it for us. It was free dining. Well I did pay for it at first then it was added to the time of our trip. So even if I had payed for the plan it would have payed for its self within the first 7 days. Well worth it for us. But dont be fooled it is not free by any mean. With any extras we got and tip it still ran around $25-$50 for each meal. But 25-50 is alot better than 100-150.

Belster
12-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Great to hear you had a nice trip!!! We are also HUGE fans of Pop. As you can see from my signature, we have stayed delux many times. While I love delux...we can't afford to stay delux with the amount of times we visit. This past October we tryed to stay at a mod and it just did not feel like home. Our 2010 trip will take us back to Pop!!! I am so excited! The only difference between me and you with this resort is that I like to be in all of the action...so I request rooms on the first floor right outside of the Hippy Dippy Pool and next to the bar. FUN, FUN!!!!!

About the meal plan, yes it is not free but what a fantastic deal. For my family there is no way that I could feed them as well as I do on the meal plan, as if I were to pay oop. The peace of mind of knowing that we can all pick whatever we want on the menu makes me feel great! My kids love new foods so for us, it is a fantastic plan. I too would pay for it or take it for free.