PDA

View Full Version : La Cava del Tequila?

2MuchWDFun
12-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Just found out about this new addition to the Mexico pavilion. Where have I been?:confused:
I saw the official press release but would love to hear about anyone's first hand experience. Read three articles...they all had the same pictures and verbage.

How were the tapas and service? Any recommended drinks? :marg: Read about an avocado margarita that sounded interesting. Thanks so much for your insights.

Nancy

lockedoutlogic
12-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Just found out about this new addition to the Mexico pavilion. Where have I been?:confused:
I saw the official press release but would love to hear about anyone's first hand experience. Read three articles...they all had the same pictures and verbage.

How were the tapas and service? Any recommended drinks? :marg: Read about an avocado margarita that sounded interesting. Thanks so much for your insights.

Nancy

Saw this in the DVC newsletter and personally, seems like a really awesome little addition...

anyone with the tappas menu would be my new best friend:thumbsup:

megustamex
12-14-2009, 11:24 AM
I can't help with the food, but the margaritas are amazing. Expensive but worth every penny. The place is so cool - you feel like you really walked into a Mexican cantina. The bartenders were wonderful too, talking about the drinks, how to make them, etc. It's where the jewelry shop used to be - just to the right of the restaurant as you're facing the volcano.

TinksDH
12-14-2009, 11:40 AM
I saw this place back in October at F&W Fest when I popped into the building for a quick bathroom break. I wasn't sure if it was just a tequila bar, or had food service as well. All I know was that it was PACKED with people, and looked very popular. Will have to try it in
March! Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

passholderryan
12-14-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm heading up there Wednesday (16th) morning. I'll be there around noon and will report back on it!!!!

2MuchWDFun
12-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks for everyone's responses. We're definitely stopping into La Cava when we're in Epcot at the end of the week. Will report back about all the delicousness we find!:marg:

passholderryan
12-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Well had a chance to get in there on Thursday the 17th and it was pretty cool. Although the only time a have tequila is in a margarita, there selection was the best I've ever seen. It looked like they had about 50 different selections. The price ranged from a couple of buck to about 60. Some are probably saying thats alot (which for me it is), but not much differnt that certain types of single malt scotch's (the Glen's). I was feeling good from having beers, so I opted not for the margatia. I did buy my wife one, which had a better tequila in it, and went for about $14.00. I tasted it and it was excellent.
The service was great. Our bartender talked to us about the different selections.
The bar menu looked pretty good. Was watching the service and it looked good, with alot of attention given to the customers.
It sure beats the old jewelry store that was there.
On a side note, they kept the Food and Wine Fest Kiosk up outside of the pavilion and had the same offering as the F&W fest, just in larger portions and a little more money. I didn't see anything else like that at the other countries.

Pop Centurion
12-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I was there in Sept & tried the traditional flight. The Herradura Reposado was the best of the 3. Next year I'll def spend more time there to try some others as well as enjoy some tapas.

Figment!
12-27-2009, 06:13 PM
On a side note, they kept the Food and Wine Fest Kiosk up outside of the pavilion and had the same offering as the F&W fest, just in larger portions and a little more money. I didn't see anything else like that at the other countries. This is in preparation to provide a counter service style offering while Cantina de San Angel is closed for renovations. Cantina de San Angel is scheduled to close January 4th.

Figment78
12-28-2009, 12:22 PM
OMG, I was just there and somehow I missed even seeing this! That's one thing I miss when doing WDW trips with a toddler - I don't get to spend enough time exploring the showcase (ahem, shopping and eating).... :marg: I can't wait to go back and check this out sometime! :thumbsup: