PDA

View Full Version : 7th Birthday with One Magical Upgrade!

daisyhead
12-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Our trip began on December 9 as we picked our daughter up early from school. She didn't know our suitcases were packed and in the back of the car, she thought we were going to a dr. appointment. After we were heading up the highway, I gave her a wrapped package... It was Disney World for Kids with a poem written inside. She opened it, read the poem, and was so shocked she shouted, "Then let's get to the airport!" She must have said "I can't believe it!" "This is the best birthday ever" about 100 times on the way.

We arrived in the evening to check in at the Contemporary where we had a Tower Room with a Bay Lake View reserved. Well, as we checked in, we were told we had been upgraded to the Club level and upon entering our room, it was a suite! My daughter was so excited about the room and the balconies overlooking the pool! :cloud9:

The next day, we toured Magic Kingdom and had her birthday dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. The food was great and they were very attentive to her birthday. She received a little cake and the Fairy Godmother sang to all of the birthdays in the room.

That night we attended Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We were able to ride many rides with only a 5-10 minute wait and that part was wonderful! The snow falling on Main Street USA and the Wishes fireworks along with the lights on the castle were the best!

The next day we went to Epcot and rode Soarin' for the first time! Wow, I can see why it's always such a long line! Thank goodness we got our FP when we did because shortly thereafter, they were out of FP. Then we went to DHS and had dinner at Mama Melroses. The Osborne Lights were AMAZING. I could watch them dance a million times. It was my favorite thing we saw on the trip!

We also spent time relaxing at the resort. We've never stayed here before and took advantage of the Club Level to watch wishes one night from the balcony. It was the best view of the fireworks we'd ever had.

This whole trip was truly magical and one to remember. We are all a bit sad it's over, but what great memories! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-13-2009, 08:41 AM
What a wonderful positive trip report! That upgrade is fantastic!!! What a wonderful surprise for all of you! I agree about Soarin', my favorite ride ever. Thanks for a great report.

faline
12-13-2009, 04:44 PM
That truly was a magic trip! What a great birthday present for your daughter!

SBETigg
12-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Sounds like a truly amazing trip with memories to last a lifetime! Congratulations on pulling off a magical surprise (and on that upgrade!).

pdrlkr
12-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
12-14-2009, 08:20 PM
It sounds amazing!!! Thanks for sharing:mickey:

KylesMom
12-15-2009, 10:29 AM
What a truly magical trip - from DD's initial surprise to the wonderful upgrade, to all of the special things in between. Thanks for sharing your memories with us! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-15-2009, 01:43 PM
thanks for the report