PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Question

SAnderson70769
12-11-2009, 10:41 PM
We have changed our morning flight since we got our ME bag tags but WDW has our correct flight on our reservation now - do I need to get new baggage tags or does it matter? We're still staying at POP.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I think if it's for the flight to WDW you should be fine. They'll have your info in the computer so they'll still grab your bags and bring them to your resort.

wolfhog
12-13-2009, 08:58 AM
From my own recent experience with ME I would suggest calling them directly to update your flight info - and making sure they have you going to the right resort!

CleveRocks
12-13-2009, 05:51 PM
You can call DME if it makes you feel better, but it's totally unnecessary.

The only reason they collect your arrival information is so that they can get a general idea of about how many people are arriving at about what times and going to which resorts. This allows them to know how to set staffing levels, how many buses to have available, and so on.

On the way from airport to resort, you aren't pre-assigned a specific bus. In other words, it's not like they will hold bus #502 until you get there. You check-in and are told to queue up for the next available bus (or it might already be sitting there and you're invited to board).

it's the same with your luggage. They just grab everything with a DME tag. it makes no difference whether they see your bag at 7:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. ... if it has a DME tag, it's getting pulled and it's being brought to the Disney luggage sorting facility on the grounds of the airport.

The ONLY way your arrival time matters is late at night. Number one, DME doesn't pick up luggage for flights landing after 10 p.m. But more importantly, let's say your flight was scheduled to land at 8 p.m., but your flight was delayed and you actually land at 2 a.m. if DME has your flight info, then someone will be waiting there for you. If they don't have your correct flight info, they won't know to wait for you (DME at the airport closes at 11 p.m. OR whenever the last passengers with reservations check-in, whichever is later).

In your case, you're landing in the morning ... the odds of your flight landing afer 11 P.M. is very very slim, so you have nothing to worry about regarding their not having your arrival flight info.

But like I said, if it makes you feel better, you can call and give it too them ... can't hurt!