PDA

View Full Version : A question about splitting my stay...

mom2morgan
12-10-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm planning to stay 5 days a CBR and 5 at AKL. That means I make two SEPARATE reservations, right? Now, do I order my park tickets all on one of those reservations...like, if I'm staying at CBR for 5 days, can I still order the 10 day park tickets? From the website it looks like I can. Here's the main question - if I order the dining plan, does that attach JUST to the 5 days of my resort stay, or does it attach to the 10 days of park tickets? What I'm THINKING of doing is putting the dining plan on one reservation but not the other so I have it for half my stay - but if I have two order the park tickets in two "bunches" I think they'll be a lot more expensive.

Tinkerfreak
12-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Yes it would be more expensive to have two 5 day tickets instead of one 10 day ticket. Aslo you could get the dining plan for either the first reservation, the second or you could get it for both but it would mean that the credits from your first ressie would have to be used before you start your second ressie or you will lose them. Does that make any sense. Sorry if I am not being too clear. If you only want the dining plan for one half of your trip you could do that. I'm not sure how that all works as far as your tickets go though.
Have you thought about contacting Magical Journeys? We have used them for the past few years and they are great. They can answer all kinds of questions and they will always find you the best deal.

BigRedDad
12-10-2009, 02:12 PM
There would be two reservations, but you would have 1 MYW ticket for the whole 10 days. Dining would be tied to the resort move as well. At least this is how it worked on my trip a year ago.

KylesMom
12-10-2009, 02:13 PM
I agree with the MJ suggestion - they helped me through this same scenario last year.

The first question: Are you purchasing a package deal with discount which would force your hand at purchasing at least a one-day pass on each reservation? For instance, on our "Buy 4 Get 3 Free" last year, we each had to purchase a one-day base ticket for both packages we purchased (14 nights total). Even though we're passholders, we still ended up having to buy 6 individual day tickets to get the promotion. We'll be using 3 of those this July towards the purchase of our A/Ps, but I digress. Are your reservations part of a "package" deal at this point, or do you have a room-only reservation?

mom2morgan
12-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Have you thought about contacting Magical Journeys? We have used them for the past few years and they are great. They can answer all kinds of questions and they will always find you the best deal.

I actually am planning to use them, but I'm waiting until I have some firm dates. In the meantime, I know I can always get plenty of excellent advice and ideas here ;-) It was actually here that I came up with the idea of splitting my stay - that had never occurred to me before, but I was really struggling between the 2 resorts I want to try (and fretting about the money of a deluxe for the whole stay!)

TammiMcMan
12-10-2009, 03:54 PM
It's pretty easy if you only want the dining plan for the first half of your trip. Both reservations are treated separately. The dining plan is applied to the length of your stay on one single reservation and you need a minimum of a 1 day MYW ticket with that package. You can upgrade MYW to however many days you'll need overall (which in your case, sounds like 10 days).

You can do the dining plan through the second resort too, just not quite as seamless as above. You'd have the 1 day MYW ticket with your dining plan on the 2nd reservation, so you'd need to purchase 9 or 10 day tickets either upon check-in or with your first reservation. Neither of the dining plan or the 1 day MYW ticket would be available until you check in to the second resort however.

MJ can help you price out your options and clarify any questions you might have.

mom2morgan
12-10-2009, 05:29 PM
It's pretty easy if you only want the dining plan for the first half of your trip. Both reservations are treated separately. The dining plan is applied to the length of your stay on one single reservation and you need a minimum of a 1 day MYW ticket with that package. You can upgrade MYW to however many days you'll need overall (which in your case, sounds like 10 days).

You can do the dining plan through the second resort too, just not quite as seamless as above. You'd have the 1 day MYW ticket with your dining plan on the 2nd reservation, so you'd need to purchase 9 or 10 day tickets either upon check-in or with your first reservation. Neither of the dining plan or the 1 day MYW ticket would be available until you check in to the second resort however.

MJ can help you price out your options and clarify any questions you might have.

Thank you - that totally make sense, and will work great for me since I want to try only having the DDP for half, so I can really test to see if it is worth it ;-)

LVT
12-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey good idea. Please post you opinions after the trip. Enjoy.

CleveRocks
12-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeh, if I were doing 5 and 5, and there were no special promotions going on, I'd book the first 5 days with a 10-day ticket and the Disney Dining Plan, and then the second 5 days as a room-only reservation.

On your transition day, your remaining DDP credits will be good until midnight, even though you already checked-out of the first resort.

On the day AFTER your move day, you can go to the Lobby Concierge desk and ask to have your remaining park tickets transferred from your "old" room key to your "new" room key. I strongly advise you wait to do this until your first full day at the second resort, as sometimes when they do this process they can mess up DDP credits ... but if you wait 'til you have no DDP credits left, this won't be an issue.

mom2morgan
12-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Yeh, if I were doing 5 and 5, and there were no special promotions going on, I'd book the first 5 days with a 10-day ticket and the Disney Dining Plan, and then the second 5 days as a room-only reservation.

On your transition day, your remaining DDP credits will be good until midnight, even though you already checked-out of the first resort.

On the day AFTER your move day, you can go to the Lobby Concierge desk and ask to have your remaining park tickets transferred from your "old" room key to your "new" room key. I strongly advise you wait to do this until your first full day at the second resort, as sometimes when they do this process they can mess up DDP credits ... but if you wait 'til you have no DDP credits left, this won't be an issue.
Good to know! Thanks for the tip.