PDA

View Full Version : Credit cards at Disneyland

NewDVCowner
12-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I just wanted to give people a heads up that are going to Disneyland and plan to use their credit/debit card. I went in July this year with my sister and her debit card ended up getting tagged with a fraud alter and they froze it automatically. Since that was basically what she had down there in terms of money it stressed her out more than a little. To top it all of, we were there on a weekend and the bank was closed so there was no way she could get the alert lifted. (Fortunately she was down there with people that could cover her until she got back home.)

We're on our way back to Disneyland this weekend so I called my bank to let them know (something I wouldn't have thought of before) and mentioned to them the fact that my sisters card was frozen while we were down there because of "suspicious activity." The woman at the bank told me that cards are automatically flagged for fraudulant activity if it's used at the same merchant four or more times in a single day. All of the shops at Disneyland are set up under one merchant so when my sister used her card to buy her meals and a couple of little things in the store it showed up that her card was being used four times at the same merchant, thus the fraud alert.

Just wanted to let people know about this. Ending up without the use of her debit or credit card while you're on vacation can be a real bummer!

Aryn

MegaDisney
12-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Usually you can call the "lost or stolen" number on the back of the card to get your card unlocked, that number usually goes directly to Visa (or whatever credit logo is on your card) Fraud Prevention services, they (at least with my bank) have the ability to unlock the card.

teamblackwell
12-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the post.
I'll bring two cards, for our January trip. Just to be save.

EPCOT84
12-30-2009, 01:30 PM
This is excellent advice ! Thank you.