View Full Version : Cinderella's Royal Table

Meistee
12-09-2009, 10:38 PM
We have ADR for lunch at CRT for our trip in January. I haven't really heard many good things on the boards about CRT. Looking for feedback, good and bad, about CRT? Is there anyone that thinks it's worth the money?

We also have ADR at Chef Mickey's for breakfast, 1900 Park Fare for dinner and Akershus for breakfast. Any other suggestions? I have a 3yo DD and 20 mo old DS.

thanks!

mom2morgan
12-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Well, Cindy's table definitely fits into the category of "everyone should do it once, but once is enough!". I think you'll always feel you missed out if you DON'T do it. We enjoyed our meal...my DH and DD had the major domo and thought it was very good, but I wouldn't say it was worth the money to do mroe than once. I was determined to eat IN the castle once, so I dont' regret it ;-) I see you have all character meals so far - I'd suggest make a few NON character reservations so you can have some meals you can just enjoy ( I find the character meals awfully distracting - you are so busy trying to get pictures and autographs that you're afraid to get up and go to the buffet (at Chef Mickey's for instance) for fear of missing something! ) I've never been to WCC, but a lot of folks say it is great fun of a whole other kind - but again, a very "busy" meal. Our family LOVED our meal at O'Hana's (good meal, quite peaceful by Disney standards), and we enjoyed going to the Rose and Crown for dinner and having a great view for Illuminations right afterwards. My DD wants to go to Coral Reef next time because she wants to eat surrounded by fish tanks. My kids are older, though - so maybe other posters will have ideas for really little ones.

jmj18
12-10-2009, 06:50 AM
I agree.....I would do it once. It was a great time for my children but very expensive. Now that we have been...I wouldn't do it again.

Food was good...service good and the kids enjoyed the princess visits.

We have been to Chef Mickey's several times. The food selections are good and the characters were great. However, it is a very loud and busy place. If you don't care for this type of dining...it isn't the place for you. Not a very relaxing meal.

Whatever you decide, have FUN!!!:

DizneyRox
12-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Dinner is probably the best time to hit CRT IMHO. Breakfast is a joke quite honestly. The value just isn't there for eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.

Lunch, ehh...

I've always enjoyed the Dinner "show" with the Fairy Godmother. The food has always ben edible, and the atmosphere and service I've never been able to complain about.

Now when you ask about worth it, I think value and no, I do't think the value is there. I'd much rather pay OOP for it that waste dining credits on the meal, considering it's two credits.

It is a meal we do repeatedly however... It's fun to dine in the castle, but it is on a rotation, not something we do every trip.

paragon
12-10-2009, 07:46 AM
We have done this twice, one lunch , and one dinner. Both meals were fine, not spectacular, but fine. We have always wanted to dine in the castle and it was pretty good. Last trip, I had made specific reservations for dinner, it was our anniversary, however, somehow,THEY screwed up and booked us for THE FOLLOWING MONTH!, After a somewhat stressful conversation, the situation was corrected, with a later that evening dinner seating. Our server was absolutely great, and made up for the inconvenience. The manager, made a point to stop by our table, and apologise. ( he did however make sure he was audible to those around us, making sure they knew he was correcting a situation ), they also did not charge us two dinner credits, instead only charged us one each. We probably don't need to do it again now, having had both lunch and dinner there. Certainly something you should try at least once though, so you can have the memory of dining in Cinderellas castle, and getting the picture package.

retiredfigment
12-10-2009, 09:06 AM
I agree with many of the previous posts. As a family, I had been to Disney numerous times, but had never eaten at the Castle. I am glad to say I have. Food was good, service nice, memorable picture, but not really worth 2 table service credits.

Mickey'sGirl
12-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Dinner is probably the best time to hit CRT IMHO. Breakfast is a joke quite honestly. The value just isn't there for eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.

Lunch, ehh...

I've always enjoyed the Dinner "show" with the Fairy Godmother. The food has always ben edible, and the atmosphere and service I've never been able to complain about.

Now when you ask about worth it, I think value and no, I do't think the value is there. I'd much rather pay OOP for it that waste dining credits on the meal, considering it's two credits.

It is a meal we do repeatedly however... It's fun to dine in the castle, but it is on a rotation, not something we do every trip.
I concur.

Never done breakfast (I have sons with aversions to that much silk at once) -- lunch is very good -- but dinner is terrific and fun with the Fairy Godmother.

We don't do the castle EVERY trip, but it is part of our regular rotation.

Dragongirlx
12-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I have been twice - once for breakfast and once for dinner. I have to say I enjoyed the breakfast more than the dinner. However I don't think I would go back again. It is definatly one of those things that you should do once but once its done thats it.

TheVBs
12-10-2009, 12:11 PM
We did lunch a couple trips ago. Glad we did it, it was a fun location. I thought the lunch I ordered was poor, but everyone else thought theirs was ok. The princesses and atmosphere were great. But, I don't think it's likely we'll do it again.

Gator
12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I've done it once, and I'll be doing it again. But it's for my daughters sake. The menu is minimal and there's always a wait, even with ressies. I'd rather go to dinner at 1900 Park Faire for the food, plus you get Cinderella. But then I have to leave the park, and that's no fun. If you haven't done it, do it. It will be a great memory long after you forget the menu was lacking.

mouseketeer mom
12-11-2009, 03:57 PM
We loved our lunch here at CRT,much better than breakfast. Breakfast was rushed, a princess factory...stop by, quick photo, move on..Lunch was much more relaxed, and surprisingly, the food was really, really delicious! One of our favorite meals of that trip.

Belster
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I may be not of the norm but we love CRT. We actually don't do too any characte type eating experiences either but love this one.

I will say that for a while, when my DD12 was much younger, we did it every trip. Now I have DS4 and DS1 and they have not gone yet. It is on our schedule of to-do's for next year.

While I wont plan on it every trip...we will continue to go. I think the food is pretty good too.

Belster
12-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Well, Cindy's table definitely fits into the category of "everyone should do it once, but once is enough!". I think you'll always feel you missed out if you DON'T do it. We enjoyed our meal...my DH and DD had the major domo and thought it was very good, but I wouldn't say it was worth the money to do mroe than once. I was determined to eat IN the castle once, so I dont' regret it ;-) I see you have all character meals so far - I'd suggest make a few NON character reservations so you can have some meals you can just enjoy ( I find the character meals awfully distracting - you are so busy trying to get pictures and autographs that you're afraid to get up and go to the buffet (at Chef Mickey's for instance) for fear of missing something! ) I've never been to WCC, but a lot of folks say it is great fun of a whole other kind - but again, a very "busy" meal. Our family LOVED our meal at O'Hana's (good meal, quite peaceful by Disney standards), and we enjoyed going to the Rose and Crown for dinner and having a great view for Illuminations right afterwards. My DD wants to go to Coral Reef next time because she wants to eat surrounded by fish tanks. My kids are older, though - so maybe other posters will have ideas for really little ones.

I wanted to make one more comment in regards to the post above. I too would also recommend some no character choices. I agree whole heartedly that I feel very distracted at character buffets. We have small children and they know that we will do some character meals and some non character meals. Some places we go...Le Celleuir(spelling), Coral Reef, 'Ohana for dinner, Sci-Fi...these locations with the exception of Le Clelleuir, are all surrounded with fun type things that kids enjoy.

Just my thoughts. :mickey:

beksy
12-11-2009, 08:14 PM
We really enjoy lunch at CRT. The food isn't the best but it is still fairly good (actually the food is one of my favorites) and the atmostphere is great. We enjoyed being "princesses" and we said once was enough but a few days later decided we would be back. I love the princesses and this is a good way to meet them without the lines. This trip we are going so my mom can have the experience--it was one of her few requests. We haven't had dinner there but it looks like we should try it out too. We enjoy Chef Mickey's breakfast, too. It is my sister's favorite and a must-do each trip. We enjoy the non-character meals to relax but we have about half of our meals as character ones. We're just the biggest kids there!

joanna71985
12-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I love lunch at CRT. It is one of my favorite character meals, and one I do every trip

swampfox28
12-13-2009, 10:08 PM
I like your choices a lot and concur that the castle is fun to do once; I felt that it wasn't quite worth 2 dinner credits on the DDP, but it was fun to try.

I LOVED the Princess breakfast; we saw Ariel, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Mulan, and Cinderella. Lots of fun! 1900 Park fare for Dinner was pretty great, too. The food was really good and we saw Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Wicked Stepmother (she was sOoOOOo good!!!) and the 2 wicked stepsisters who really hammed it up as well. It was a lot of fun, but it was a little loud and busy; I hardly got a chance to eat because I was constantly taking pictures or getting autographs w/ the kids. The hotel is amazingly georgous - arrive early and give yourselves some time to look around - it's worth it!

I'm NOT a fan of Chef Mickey's. I don't HATE it, but it's too loud and busy and you REALLY can't leave for fear you'll miss a character's appearance (they rotate at intervals). This one was just not for us. We MUCH prefered the O'hana breakfast at the Poly and Cape May character breakfast at the Yacht and Beach club near Epcot. Both are character meals, but much more laid back.

For non-character meals I'd reccomend Le Cellier (Epcot/Canada) and Yak and Yeti (Animal Kingdom). Both had terrific food and a really cool atmosphere.