PDA

View Full Version : Leaving tomorrow..Should I be mad?

julyjewel
12-09-2009, 08:53 PM
We were going to the Christmas party on Dec. 18. We were told that our tickets would be ready for the 4 of us. We called tonight, just to find out that the the person who took our order for the tickets, did it wrong. They only issued 2 adult tickets and no kids...After we were told that we would have 4 tickets for the 18th. So now we are going on the Tuesday instead of the Friday. We were told that since the 18th i sold out they can't overide anything. Kind of make me mad..but maybe the crowd will be better on the 15th...We leave tomorrow night.:mickey:

Buttercup
12-09-2009, 11:01 PM
I guess if it's sold out, there's nothing you can do about it now. Maybe if you put up a big stink, for the inconvenience, they would give you something else in addition?

gueli
12-09-2009, 11:54 PM
consider it a blessing- we were there on tues dec 1 - it was crowded up until 10 ish- but i would be afraid of it being packed on a friday.
Just have fun
:mickey:

Seasonscraps
12-10-2009, 12:16 AM
As long as you are not out any money, I would try not to be angry about it since there is nothing you can do about it. It will probably be less crowded on a Tuesday then on a Friday. Have a great trip!!:mickey:

POOH_BEAR
12-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Hope you have a great trip and visit at MVMCP! We leave Saturday and will be at the party Sunday night. My biggest concern is the weather...I really hope it doesn't rain!

Enjoy your vacation!

BigRedDad
12-10-2009, 07:56 AM
This is why I purchase online and do the e-tickets. If there is a problem with the order, then it is my fault. People are always prone to human error. With Disney cutting back everywhere they can and I am sure they are outsourcing their call centers. The person on the other end of the phone is most likely in another country (Brazil, India, Vietnam, etc). They are getting paid about $1 and hour. Be happy you were able to get tickets to the party on 12/15. Imagine how mad you would be if that day was sold out as well.

Melanie
12-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Bummer that happened to you, but I'd much rather go to to a Tuesday party than a Friday one. Should be less crowded for you!

AmBo
12-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I'll be there the 18th proposing to the girlfriend just before Wishes. :secret::blush:

KylesMom
12-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I too would just let it go. It's not going to help anything by being angry about it, and after I heard about the crowds for the last day of MNSSHP, I'd consider it a blessing. Go, enjoy, have the time of your lives and celebrate! :mickey:

Iluvpooh
12-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I would probably be upset about the mistake, but lucky for you it worked out. I would send an email when I got home to let someone in Customer Service know what happened.

Seasonscraps
12-10-2009, 01:52 PM
I'll be there the 18th proposing to the girlfriend just before Wishes. :secret::blush:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

DisneyorBust
12-10-2009, 03:11 PM
I agree with Iluvpooh, I would contact Customer Service and let them know, there might be a problem that that can fix.
Also, this may be a blessing in disguise; I don't think that I would want to be there on a sold out night.
Enjoy the MVMCP !:D

BluewaterBrad
12-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeah I would be mad for a short time (10 min). Hey, you are going to WDW. You can't be that mad!:mickey:

GBBT
12-10-2009, 04:48 PM

:stop:Really,Really,Really think about this!It's a life changing event.Being single=lots of girlfriends:thumbsup: Married= 1 woman for the rest of your life:jaw: Nah...I'm JK:D. Congratulations:congrats: Go for it.

gueli
12-10-2009, 05:15 PM

dont worry we will not tell anyone (other than the 100,000 people you just posted too ;) )

Good luck.
Many years of happiness.
:mickey:

SFD998
12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Hope you have a great trip and visit at MVMCP! We leave Saturday and will be at the party Sunday night. My biggest concern is the weather...I really hope it doesn't rain!

Enjoy your vacation!

We will be there on Sunday too. Maybe if we both cross our fingers the weather will be good.

POOH_BEAR
12-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Big Red,
The person on the other end of the phone is most likely in another country (Brazil, India, Vietnam, etc). They are getting paid about $1 and hour.

My experience leads me to believe that the call center is not outsourced. I typically ask a couple of questions--specific to the weather that day, where are you located, etc and I've never been lead to believe that what they were telling me wasn't accurate. Also, I've not had problems with the representative not speaking clear English--like is common with other e-tailers who we know outsource (such as Dell).

I work in a call center (international book publishing company) and YES...humans make mistakes...but I doubt it was intentional.

Emme&TeddysMommy
12-11-2009, 09:46 AM

Congratulations!!!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-11-2009, 11:01 PM

I'm guessing she doesn't lurk on here? Congrats on your upcoming engagement.