PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West Question

thumperbug
12-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Can anyone tell me when OKW was last renovated/updated? Has anyone stayed there in the last few months who can tell me how the rooms are?

Thanks!

Tink1
12-12-2009, 11:52 AM
It has been awhile.

Ian just posted that there is a rehab scheduled.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=164821

Nanc

thumperbug
12-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Yea, I just saw it. Now I wish I didn't book OKW. I should have known a reno was coming up when I got a letter stating that the pool was going to be closed during my stay for renovation. I will keep trying to get my ressie moved. Not up to staying in a smelly, outdated villa.

epceddie
12-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Yea, I just saw it. Now I wish I didn't book OKW. I should have known a reno was coming up when I got a letter stating that the pool was going to be closed during my stay for renovation. I will keep trying to get my ressie moved. Not up to staying in a smelly, outdated villa.

The WORST Disney room I've ever stayed in has been better than any other hotel out there.

TinksDH
12-14-2009, 07:17 PM

Why don't you PM dlpmikki to get an honest opinion about the rooms? Some folks on that other thread tend to exaggerate a bit, as they enjoy the shock value that goes along with "spewing the truth", as I think one poster put it.

Hammer
12-14-2009, 08:32 PM
I would not discredit all negative comments. The rooms do need sprucing up. However, I did not experience any bad smell to our room and while I thought the decor was outdated, it was not in poor condition (no torn fabric or stains).

CanadianWDWFan
12-15-2009, 01:50 PM
We stayed there in August. We had two different rooms at OKW, first a studio then we moved into a one bedroom. For this trip we split between BWV and OKW. IMHO the one bedroom at OKW is so much larger and nicer than the same ones at BWV. Our home resort is BWV. Our boys actually preferred OKW to BWV since they enjoyed the feel of the resort over BWV.

We never experienced any bad smells or dirty rooms at OKW. We were quite pleased with the cleanliness of both rooms we stayed in.

MNNHFLTX
12-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Moderator Note--

Please, let's remember opinions are not facts, just observations influenced by personal perception. So let's just state our own opinions without judging someone else's.

BedknobsandBroomsticks
12-21-2009, 09:33 AM
We were there Nov. 29 to Dec. 6th. We loved it. We stayed at POFQ two years ago due to the budget constrainsts of our traveling companions and I know people rave about that resort. We did not like it all. We love OKW and will choose it from now on if we can. We had a beautiful two bedroom villa. Clean, no smells, no bedbugs, lots of space. :mickey:

goofygirl67
12-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I stayed there in September and loved the stay. I had no problem with the room at all and thought it very roomy and didn't smell, it was a studio. I am not a fan of pink but it was not as overwhelming as I thought it would be.
If I had a complaint it was the placing of the very well lite lights outside the room. I had to close the bathroom door and put something in the peephole. I woke up the first night thinking a spotlight was on me. I am going back again next September since I enjoyed it so much.