PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo ??s

Lynn J Mc
12-09-2009, 04:38 PM
We love our local japanese grill type restaurants but one of our favorite things seems to be missing from Teppan Edos menu. Fried Rice! Can you order it at all? Anyone dined there recently?

TheRustyScupper
12-10-2009, 12:42 AM
1) Chinese have fried rice, where Japanese have white rice.
2) I have seen others order it at a added price.

SBETigg
12-10-2009, 06:52 AM
1) Chinese have fried rice, where Japanese have white rice.
2) I have seen others order it at a added price.

Most Japanese Teppan style restaurants do offer the fried rice, sometimes at extra charge. I believe you can still ask for it at Teppan Edo.

DisneyFr33k
12-10-2009, 11:26 AM
We ate there 2 months ago. No fried rice option. We had a brand new chef that was cooked our food very slowly and didn't perform for us at all. We had to watch the fun at the other tables. The food was alright - but we can eat the same at a local restaurant. We'll pass next time.

tundramom
12-13-2009, 07:36 PM
When we were there in November another family at our table asked for fried rice and was told no "fried rice is in China". We had a great meal and our friend said it was the best scallops he'd ever had! Definitely one of our faves:cloud9:

Joannelet
12-13-2009, 10:12 PM
yep, no fried rice...we just ate there last week. They do not have it there....
But it is a great place!! You will enjoy it!

disneyboundagain
12-13-2009, 10:48 PM
One of the things I enjoy at our local hibatchi is lobster. We'll be eating at Teppan Edo for the first time later this week, and I was dissappointed when I checked the menu and saw they didn't have lobster.

andypooh
12-21-2009, 04:21 PM
we very much enjoy the benihana experience so we really do miss the delicious fried rice. we definitely find benihana to be better overall than teppan edo....of course being in WDW more than makes up the difference for us!!!

SBETigg
12-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I love Teppan Edo and think being in World Showcase adds some fun. But if you prefer Benihana, there is a good one at Downtown Disney in the Hilton. We have done both and enjoyed the Benihana experience and food as much as Teppan Edo (plus they have the fried rice, if that's your preference).