PDA

View Full Version : When is good time to visit in Spring?

Giselle
12-09-2009, 02:33 PM
I want to go to Disney World in the Spring to celebrate my daughter's birthday. When is a good time to go to avoid the spring breakers and Easter crowd? Is it hot in the Spring? Thanks!

Strmchsr
12-09-2009, 03:51 PM
There's not really a low crowd time in the spring, but I suppose the best time would be late April. It can be pretty warm (low 90s this year) but in general it's not too bad.

rjmdds
12-09-2009, 04:00 PM
It really depends on when Easter falls. If Easter is early, then late April is a wondrful time to go. We have been there on a couple of occasions dueing this time and it is wonderful. Both times we went, Easter was in late March so the crowds were fine. First week of May is nice too. From the beginning of May until Memorial Day, crowds are manageable.

JabberJaws
12-10-2009, 12:03 PM
One of my personal favorite times to go is early May, more specifically the first week of May. I find the crowds and the weather to be manageable. Spring break/easter is over, but memorial day hasn't hit yet. IMO a good time to go.

TheVBs
12-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I have to vote for the first week of May too. We've gone twice at that time of year and had a wonderful time. The crowds were larger than our favorite time to go, early Sept., but they were very manageable and the weather was great.

mickeefan
12-11-2009, 10:24 AM
The Flower & Garden Festival has been moved up to March 3rd through May 16th next year.
This is well worth seeing. the topiaries are fantastic as well and all the flower displays.
Click on my name and go to my home page and you can see what you would be able to see.

wire0monkey
12-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Easter is April 4, this year. The crowds should be relatively low from April 12 until mid-May. When the colleges start graduation ceremonies in mid-May, things start picking up, but remain pretty low until after Memorial Day.