PDA

View Full Version : Park Hours & SpectroMagic

DreamFinder2
12-09-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm checking on the official WDW website for updated park hours...and there are several changes. One that caught my eye is that nearly every night we're there (12/19-25) the MK closes at 11pm, but SpectroMagic is scheduled for 9pm and 11pm.

Hard to imagine they'd start the parade at the same time they expect the park to be closing???

KylesMom
12-09-2009, 01:51 PM
That's actually typical for Disney. They'll run Spectro at 9, Wishes at 10 & Spectro again at 11. If you don't want to watch the last showing of Spectro, you can usually catch a few last-minute attractions on the way out of the park. :mickey: Are there evening EMH involved?

Gator
12-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I'd hit rides during the 9pm Spectro and then catch the 11pm. Everyone will be trying to catch the first one and should create some space at the other attractions.

DreamFinder2
12-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I'd hit rides during the 9pm Spectro and then catch the 11pm. Everyone will be trying to catch the first one and should create some space at the other attractions.

Sounds like a good plan...I just think it's interesting. It's like Disney is saying "we know you're not going to leave at 11, so here's a parade to watch."

Figment78
12-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Illuminations has been the same way for as long as I can remember. When Epcot closes at 9, Illuminations is at 9. When it closes at 9:30, Illumination is at 9:30.

Enjoy!

12-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Hard to imagine they'd start the parade at the same time they expect the park to be closing???

You have to understand that, not only are parades used for entertainment for the guests, they are also used to control the flow of guests exiting the park and the load on the exit transportation system. By having a parade at park close, those guests that choose to leave the park will be cleared from the transportation systems by the time that guests staying for the parade are leaving the park.

It's kind of funny when in several past instances this summer when a parade was added at the last minute on a particular day, to read some of the comments on here and other sites as to why it was added, when the actual reasons were to assist in the flow of guests at park closing because of a transportation system issue that day and specific park guest loads.

Parades can be a very effective way of reducing the guest loads and wait times for the transportation systems at high volume times.

Just my $.02

Figment78
12-11-2009, 12:40 PM
11290 - very smart point! Thanks for bringing it up.

cd3000
12-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Illuminations has been the same way for as long as I can remember. When Epcot closes at 9, Illuminations is at 9. When it closes at 9:30, Illumination is at 9:30.

Enjoy!
didn't epcot used to close at 10 during the holidays?