12-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Cast:

Me (Heather)
DH (Ron)
DD#1 (Courtney 19)
DD#3 (Emily 6)
DD#4 (Hallie 7 months)

Purpose of the trip:

Last year at this time Courtney came home from Florida Tech for Thanksgiving. We realized this was kind of silly, as she would be returning in little over a week for Christmas Break. We didn't want her to be alone on Thanksgiving, so we thought perhaps we should just go visit her! The original plan called for all of us to go and visit with her for a few days and actually stay in the Melbourne area. Then Matt found out he would be unable to go due to work, and Ashleigh said she preferred to stay home because she didn't want to be apart from the boyfriend over her Thanksgiving break. Ok, things were still very much up in the air, as just as I had pretty much had things planned out, I got a notice I'd have to report for jury duty on the Monday following Thanksgiving. This threw everything into a tailspin, but we decided in the long run, no matter how short of time, we still didn't want Courtney to be alone. Both of her roommates went home and her boyfriend went to visit relatives in Georgia. We had stayed at a very nice Doubletree Suites last January when we returned her to school following Christmas break, so I thought I would give that a try again. I guess due to the Holiday, the rates skyrocketed and I did not want to pay that much. Just on a whim, I decided to check out anything that might be available at Disney on-line. When I logged on, I noticed that there were Florida resident rates at the Values being advertised. Hmm! Courtney is now considered a Florida resident since she resides there more than 6 months per year, so I looked into it. Nothing was available at any of the value resorts, but they gave me two offers for either POFQ or CBR. I looked into the CBR, and that was a very nice discount, and saved myself $115.00. Of course, Courtney needed to book the reservation in her name, but I would still be paying for it. A quick call to Disney and all was squared away. Only 2 nights, but I'll still take it! Well we are all set to leave and I get a notification that my jury duty has been postponed until after the 1st of the year! Arrrgh! Too late to change anything now!

Resort:
Obviously, Caribbean Beach Resort
Room 2120
Martinique

Trip dates:
Travel Dates: 11-25-09 to 11-26-09 and 11-28-09 to 11-29-09
Resort Dates: 11-26-09 to 11-28-09

Transportation:
After much debate, I have agreed to drive with Ron, a 6 year old and an infant! I think I should have had my head examined!

Miscelllaneous:
Since we had originally planned on spending our time in the Melbourne area, and not visitng Disney, we still had planned on not going to any parks. Now, if you know us, that is virtually an impossibility. Now that we are staying on property, we are going to have to give at least one day to the parks. Courtney already has her Fla resident annual pass, so we will have to pick up one day park hoppers upon check in.

Part 2 coming soon

KylesMom
12-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Heather, I know you usually fly while Ron drives. I sure hope that turned out well for you! :D
Hard to believe the kids are old enough now to have so much going on & that Matt & Ashleigh won't be with you this time around. But I'll bet Courtney was thrilled to know you were going to visit for Thanksgiving. Looking forward to the details of your mini-family trip! :mickey:

gauvin4
12-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the report. I look forward to hearing more about it.

wildernesslady
12-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah! I love your trip reports. Hope you had a great time. I keep on trying to get my daughter to do the college program so we can sneak down more, but she is not interested. Maybe she was switched at birth. It makes not sense to me.

mouseketeer mom
12-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Mini trips are wonderful Disney fixes! I am looking forward to reading more! And yes, about that drive..I don't know that I could do it! How did it go?

BluewaterBrad
12-09-2009, 05:55 PM
:thumbsup::mickey:

DisneyorBust
12-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I love those unexpected trips to WDW! :D I hope your journey to Florida was a safe one, looking forward to day two.

vizsla
12-11-2009, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
12-11-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm so glad to have another report from you, Heather! Your reports are always so much fun to read!

Sorry the whole family won't be together but I'm sure you will have fun regardless!

pdrlkr
12-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
12-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Heather,
Glad you were able to find some Disney magic while visiting Courtney!!

Always nice to see you reporting!

Julie:mickey: