PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated BLT?

andreallybadeggs
12-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Didn't find a post specifically on the BLT but from what I read re. other resorts I may have figured this out. Would like someone to confirm my best guess or correct my misconception, please, as we look towards booking our first trip to our new home-- BLT! :mickey:
Same # of points are required for either 2 BR or 2 BR "dedicated".
Am I right in assuming that the 2 BR is a 1 BR + a studio and the "dedicated" is simply a 2 BR unit
(one kitchen)? The models on the tour were of the former so I did not realize "normal" 2 BR might be an option. Is occupancy the same?

VWL Mom
12-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Correct, we prefer the "dedicated" because the 2nd bedroom has 2 beds whereas in the "lockout" the 2nd bedroom is one bed and a sleeper sofa. Now, if you are 2 families traveling together you might prefer the "lockout" because you would have 2 entrances.

The occupancy for both is the same.

DVC2004
12-09-2009, 10:45 AM
All DVC resorts have a limited number of dedicated 2 brs- and you are correct they are the same amount of points as the lockoff 2 bR. You just make the request when talking to MS and again at check in. The 2nd BR in a dedicated will feature 2 queens instead of a queen and sofa sleeper, and there is one main enterance to the unit. However, there is still a door in between the second bedroom and the common area that can be closed for privacy. Also the bathroom is for the 2nd bedroom is behind that door too.

andreallybadeggs
12-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for your quick and informative responses.
Think either would suit our purposes for this trip but I might want to request one over the other for future vacations.