PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade online?

DreamFinder2
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Has anyone ever noticed an upgrade when you checked your resort reservation online? I've checked ours periodically (on the official WDW website) and I wonder if we happen to get upgraded, would that be reflected in the "Room View" on the reservation?

Right now ours says "Landscape View"...but I wonder if it'd change, should our room assignment end up being different? Or maybe the two systems aren't linked...

KylesMom
12-08-2009, 11:47 PM
It's been awhile (prior to on-line check in) but every time we've been comped an upgrade, our final bill says what we booked . . . . not what we were upgraded to.

DreamFinder2
12-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Just wondering if checking-in online affects upgrade chances. Has anyone used online check-in and been given an upgrade upon arrival?

I assume one hasn't much to do w/ the other, but just curious. :D

BMan62
12-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Nope. Never got an upgrade. Used Online Check-In in September, nothing different.

WishingStar2006
12-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Perhaps what I got was a downgrade but I was happy!!! To take advantage of a discount tha wonderful Magical Journeys found for me, my reservation was for a Courtyard View with Bunkbeds at WL. I was traveling alone so it didn't matter to me and I loved the additional discount. I checked in on-line. When I arrived at WL my room was a courtyard view with a king bed. I loved it!!! I was so roomy and my view was perfect...I had a view of the pool area, the geyser, and the lake...could see the Electic Light Parade on the water. I have stayed at the WL MANY times, and this was the best room and location I've ever found.

I think BunkBed rooms are an upgrade, so I guess I was downgraded....but it was perfect!!! I will even request that room for future trips!

TammiMcMan
12-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Upgrades are totally random and regardless of how you check in, it doesn't increase or decrease your chances of getting one.

TammiMcMan
12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Our upgrades have usually come during check-in, but I have heard others report that they've seen an upgrade through their online reservation. The price doesn't change, but the room type or view does.

Just as an FYI though, normally rooms aren't assigned until 3-4 days prior to your arrival, so if an upgrade was being given, you wouldn't see it before then. Also, the GF doesn't necessarily assign their rooms ahead of time. Typically they are filled from available inventory when you arrive at the resort. The resort itself is usually pretty full in December, with many of the higher levels sold out. Unfortunately, I think chances are pretty slim of any upgrade during your trip :( .

For what it's worth, I love the garden view at the GF. You could always ask about the availability of a corner room (larger and most have a 2nd balcony offering an obstructed lagoon view). Or request Boca Chica, high floor, overlooking Narcoossees (also an obstructed view of the lagoon and castle). Finally, marina views in Sago Cay are classified as garden.

DreamFinder2
12-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Tammi,
Thanks for the room request info...I think I'll check in online, just because we're arriving at GF at a potentially busy time during late afternoon and request a corner room.

We've gotten way too lucky the last few visits w/ upgrades nearly every trip for the last 10 years or so...but I never EXPECT one :D I just can't believe we'll be there in 10 days! Where did the fall go???

TammiMcMan
12-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Have a wonderful time. The GF is beautiful during the holidays. Definitely my favorite place to stay.

TikiLounger
12-12-2009, 02:58 PM
When we visited the Beach Club Cub Level this past Sept, we were upgraded to a water view room over a garden view. It was very nice. I never noticed the change on our reservation information online or on the bill. I just assumed it was because Itinerary Planning had REALLY messed up our dining reservations...maybe some sort of compensation? Anyway, we never asked about it....we just enjoyed. I guess we were afraid someone would say, "Oh...you were supposed to be in a garden view room" and move us back...:secret:

DreamFinder2
12-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Anyway, we never asked about it....we just enjoyed. I guess we were afraid someone would say, "Oh...you were supposed to be in a garden view room" and move us back...:secret:

Ouch...wouldn't that be cruel ;)

TheVBs
12-12-2009, 09:04 PM
We stayed at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort in Nov. When we checked in we were told we'd been upgraded from a studio to a 2-bedroom! Wow! :mickey: When we got home and I was going through emails, I noticed they'd sent us a new email conformation on the day we checked in, showing the upgrade/same rate . Thought that was interesting.

TikiLounger
12-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Ouch...wouldn't that be cruel ;)

Yes, very cruel. When we were being checked in at the Club Level Desk, my Husband and I were trying SO hard to not look at each other when they said, "You have a water view". He did kick me under the desk a few times, though. LOL...we can be such morons, sometimes.