PDA

View Full Version : Last day lunch...

DreamFinder2
12-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Staying at GF in a couple weeks. We're flying home on Christmas day. Check out's 11am and our towncar has a pickup scheduled for 1:15pm.

I know we can store luggage, etc. and I'm thinking I'd like to stay in the MK area...any good suggestions for lunch? I have an ADR at GF Cafe already, but I'm thinking there might be other options at another resort? I'd rather not venture into the park on Christmas day, either :mickey:

Let me know what you think.

Mysttree
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Have you considered The Wave at the contemporary? It's a MK resort.. Strangely enough I couldn't find a menu on this site...though I KNOW I've seen one before (probably on another site) PM me if you want to know it...or google it.
Have a great time- and don't forget to give us a trip report & dining report when you return!!

KylesMom
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
While there are several venues that are available for lunch at resorts around the GF, you may find that transportation is difficult/crowded/insane on Christmas Day - and that you won't get very far in a short amount of time. Wherever you go, I wouldn't get too ambitious on how far you planned to travel for lunch since you don't have that much extra time available. If you have an ADR for GF Cafe in place, I'd hold onto that one!

DisneyorBust
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I would stay with the GF Cafe, only because wereally enjoyed our meal there!:D

andreallybadeggs
12-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Another thumb's up for the GF cafe.:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
12-09-2009, 12:09 PM
If you decide to try something different, I'd look into Kona Cafe at the Poly. They have good food and good service. And on a very busy day of transportation at the park on Christmas, you can actually take the very nice walk between GF and the Poly. Have a great trip!

wildernesslady
12-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I would stay where you are or try Kona. Both are delicious.