PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake/Contemporary Advice

tdk316
12-08-2009, 04:32 PM
We're heading out to Bay Lake Towers in a couple days and I'm looking for any advice about staying there and/or the Contemporary as we've never stayed at either. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated! Thanks!

KylesMom
12-08-2009, 04:38 PM
When we used to stay at CR, we loved the walkway back & forth from the MK. If the monorail is crowded, be assured that the MK is a quick (and fun) ten minute walk away!

Take the time to get some family pictures around the topiaries and modern statues at CR - especially the Mickey Brushed Aluminum piece in the back!

jnfr2424
12-10-2009, 06:22 PM
We just stayed at both over Thanksgiving and we fell in love with BLT!
Ditto on the walkway to MK The monorail is great coming FROM the MK not going since it goes in the opposite direction. I forgot the tickets for MVMCP and it took me 15mins walking from the Crystal Palace back to my room at BLT! Plus I walked the MK route in the mornings for exercise. We were on the North side of BLT on the 10th floor so we would have to take the elevator to the 5th floor and walk over to the South Side to the walkway into the Contemporary which was not a problem also when you check in you have to do it at the Contemporary and use your KTTW to enter BLT either from the front doors or the walkway. No doors open automatically unless you use your key( I was standing outside in the pouring rain wondering why the doors would not open!)
While waiting for the elevators in BLT make sure you have your camera ready as there are great views of the Magic Kingdom on the higher floors. The Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary is a great place to get a quick meal and or snacks especially late nights from EMH. Also take the time and relax at BLT. It was so comfortable to hang in our room. I just want to go back and do just that!

beksy
12-11-2009, 08:02 PM
How late is the Contempo Cafe open? I was wondering about refilling our mugs when we get in from the parks.

jnfr2424
12-16-2009, 04:53 PM
How late is the Contempo Cafe open? I was wondering about refilling our mugs when we get in from the parks.

I think it closes at midnight

andreallybadeggs
12-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Look for the 5 legged goat in the mural.